2006 Expedition water leaking onto engine through firewall bolt holes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonny

Reaction score
My mom's 2006 EB Expedition is leaking water onto the engine from the bolt holes in the firewall. The main places I can see water coming out of is the unpopulated bolt holes and the ground wires that have that hook on them. The leak is causing a flashing CEL and is throwing codes for cylinders 3,4,7. We replaced the old cracked cowl and seals but the issue persists. The area under the cowl looks clean with the exception of pooling water on the driver side that is about 1/2". We ran water over the windshield and the cowl doesn't overflow from what we can see but still runs out of the holes. Happens every time it rains. I am stumped and frustrated so any help is appreciated.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My mom's 2006 EB Expedition is leaking water onto the engine from the bolt holes in the firewall. The main places I can see water coming out of is the unpopulated bolt holes and the ground wires that have that hook on them. The leak is causing a flashing CEL and is throwing codes for cylinders 3,4,7. We replaced the old cracked cowl and seals but the issue persists. The area under the cowl looks clean with the exception of pooling water on the driver side that is about 1/2". We ran water over the windshield and the cowl doesn't overflow from what we can see but still runs out of the holes. Happens every time it rains. I am stumped and frustrated so any help is appreciated.

Photos of the holes / water intrusion areas may help.