2007 engine blew up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dustindu4

Reaction score
Truck is fixed. Mechanic confirmed the cylinder hydro locked and the exhaust valve punched a hole in the cylinder wall. The entire intake manifold and exhaust was filled with oil. No check engine light on the cats, we can wait and see. The used motor headers weren't cracked but they did change the water pump out because it was making noise. They swapped out all the plugs and it's been running fine since the oil in the exhaust burned off. Cost me 1850 labor/parts and 2300 for the motor. Could have been worse I guess.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck is fixed. Mechanic confirmed the cylinder hydro locked and the exhaust valve punched a hole in the cylinder wall. The entire intake manifold and exhaust was filled with oil. No check engine light on the cats, we can wait and see. The used motor headers weren't cracked but they did change the water pump out because it was making noise. They swapped out all the plugs and it's been running fine since the oil in the exhaust burned off. Cost me 1850 labor/parts and 2300 for the motor. Could have been worse I guess.

Thanks for the update, glad it’s fixed

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition