2007 expedition el xlt crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordManchinic

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Ford Expedition that we'll crank but will not start alright done everything switch cam sensors crank sensor alternator power wire to the alternator and the battery switched out the computer switched out fuses and relays I got Spark I got fuel coming out of the Schrader valve but never check the pressure my fuel pump is priming every time so I don't know what's next please help

Mikezr

Reaction score
You need to check fuel pressure. The pump will always do the 3 second prime but can loose communication with the pcm. I'd look at either the fpdm or a broken wire

Debb

Reaction score
I have a 2012 but still a 3rd generation and had this same problem. Nobody could figure it out. I was having to use both starter relays to start it. Put one in, go turn the key on, then go put the second one in and it would start right up but one day a friend was looking and found the problem accidentally. Under the dash, straight down from steering column, there is a plastic piece that reminds me of one that plugs in a treadmill. Apparently I had bumped it with my knee and it was loose. He unplugged it and plugged it back in and it fired right up and has never given me any problems again. I couldn't find it in the manual but I think it could have something to do with the auto theft system. Sorry for the length of post but may help you out. I hope so.

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Ford Expedition that we'll crank but will not start alright done everything switch cam sensors crank sensor alternator power wire to the alternator and the battery switched out the computer switched out fuses and relays I got Spark I got fuel coming out of the Schrader valve but never check the pressure my fuel pump is priming every time so I don't know what's next please help
Does it try to start? Like for about 2 seconds? If so I'd check air intake all the way to the throttle body. An air leak can ruin your whole day! Found mine where the hose (70mm) connected to the throttle body. Mechanic didn't get the hose on properly and vibration opened it right up! Good Luck!