2007 expedition is a train wreak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billyfrancis40

Reaction score
I picked up a 2007 expedition and boy I tell you all the bolt on this are gone I’ve had to cut all of them off just to change struts ended up having to get upper control arms tie rods ball joint and now I see the rear axle is t even seated into the differential any help or info doing these would be helpful thanks

DeafBringer

Reaction score
I picked up a 2007 expedition and boy I tell you all the bolt on this are gone I’ve had to cut all of them off just to change struts ended up having to get upper control arms tie rods ball joint and now I see the rear axle is t even seated into the differential any help or info doing these would be helpful thanks
ooof that sucks. Maybe cut your losses?

I got a 2011 SSV in good shape with 117k miles I will be selling if you're interested.

OP
OP
B

billyfrancis40

Reaction score
I’ve already committed so far to give up on it I got basically everything off on the front but 2 top nuts for the strut then I can reinstall all the new parts on the drive side I then have the pass side to do then I’ll tackle the rear just not much room to grind off the nut on the strut could ride pretty well when done I hope I started all this cause 4x4 wasn’t working and guests a noise in the hub found out I have no vacuum line to the hubs the activators was shoot on the hubs

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a pretty killer deal and gives you plenty of breathing room to fix stuff. I overhauled my 2010 a couple years back and it's a satisfying job. New control arms all around, all bushings, tie rods, end links, struts, bearings, etc., and yes I had to cut off the front lower control arms.

These days it drives like a new truck and I made sure to coat everything in anti-rust stuff as it went back together. Any maintenance since then has been cake. These things hold up well with a little TLC.

The only real complaint I have is rust but that's less Ford and more NJ pouring brine all over the roads in the winters.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited: