2007 Expedition lock/electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacob Garff

Reaction score
My heater core went out, tore it apart and replaced it. Now that its all back together, its acting funny. Vehicle reads that all the doors and back glass is ajar, even when they aren't. Power lock switches don't work either, but they will lock and unlock if I use the fob. It also won't come out of gear. I have rechecked it twice now, and all of the things that I had to unplug to get the center console out and the dash out, have all been plugged back in. Any tips as to what I should do to get this repaired?
Also, I got it to start once. Now when I go to crank it, it goes click, and everything goes dead. Leave the key in the on position and it starts clicking and the lights flicker.

Any ideas? I'm at a complete loss

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, that’s a whole lot and is making my brain hurt. No door locks inside the vehicle function, no start condition, stuck in gear.... that part confuses me... was it shut off in gear? Did It die out in gear? Do any interior switches work such as windows? Something must have been either not connected or not connected in the correct place when you put it all back together. There are countless possibilities here it’s tough, short somewhere...? Who knows. This reminds me of something with the starter click then loss of all power... Postitive going to starter.... maybe leave the key on the on position and wiggle the positive and listen for the chime in the truck. But it would seem to be related to what work you did. Could be starter solonoid, fried battery, I don’t know where to begin. Sounds like a fried battery, wiring issue on the way to starter, or bad starter solonoid, at least those would be my classical suspicions.

Last edited:

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet when you pulled dash you left something unplugged. Not even sure where to begin to tell you what but I would start by following harnesses from the SJB in the kick panel.

Also if your getting clicking and flickering lights I'd check your battery voltage and grounds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryspaygee