2007 expo sometimes won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hjmew2004

Reaction score
Hi all! I have an 07 Eddie Bauer that I just bought a few months ago. It has developed an issue where it won’t start if the truck is warm/hot. After running around all day and multiple start stops. The shop told me it was the ECM and they replaced it. Well it still does it. I’m thinking maybe the starter is going out. Anyone else had this type of problem? It isn’t throwing any codes

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all! I have an 07 Eddie Bauer that I just bought a few months ago. It has developed an issue where it won’t start if the truck is warm/hot. After running around all day and multiple start stops. The shop told me it was the ECM and they replaced it. Well it still does it. I’m thinking maybe the starter is going out. Anyone else had this type of problem? It isn’t throwing any codes

Are you sure your battery is not marginal or defective, and the cable connectors and battery posts are clean (and connectors tight)?

Heat damages a battery and the under hood heat from driving may cause the battery to be weak.

Does the vehicle crank when hot, but not start? Or is there slow or no crank?

OP
OP
H

hjmew2004

Reaction score
Yeah I have a brand new battery alternator ECM and battery terminal already. The truck will start and run fine but the randomly will not start or click or anything. I’m going to swap the starter the only the other thing I can think of is a short someplace?!?!

Honocor

Reaction score
Had something similar happen to a buddy of mine on a full size GMC van. He replaced starters, alternators, fuel pumps, etc... It ended up being a ground strap that had frayed and was barely holding on. Kind of goes with your short theory.