2007 Expy Engine has the hiccups in park, in gear and while driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjamm7667

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 5.4 with 140,*** miles and recently replaced the timing chains, cam phasers, solenoids and tensioners. Truck was running excellent for a while. Full of power and acceleration. I started noticing a slight hiccup that gradually got worse and like a dummy, I started chasing codes replacing parts. I have replaced the coils as well as the fuel filter and pump. From what I've read from others, it gives the same symptoms as a failing fuel pump control module.

I can't find one. FordParts.com shows one when I enter my VIN but doesn't show the location. I have AllData and it does not show one. I see a lot of videos showing them on a 2006 expedition NOT a 2007. I have been under the vehicle several times and can't find one.

I don't have any codes and the truck still accelerates with power but it still hiccups when in park, in gear with foot on brake (see video) and when I floor it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D3A310BD-C979-429D-9903-6CB77A60F99F.jpeg
Diagram for 2007 Expedition
And an example found:
3A55405D-7CA8-4F80-BF10-CF5ECA813DDC.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jjamm7667

Reaction score
thanks for responding. I've seen both of those pictures before. I'm looking for someone that has actually seen it on their own 2007 expedition. I think those pics are for an earlier year

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much $$ for me to crawl around under mine and look? Lol jk I’ll get back to you if I see it.

*looks like I won’t have time today*

Last edited:

Dlsgap

Reaction score
My 08 started doing the same thing. Would idle extremely rough, and would hesitate occasionally but no codes and seemed to be running okay most of the time. I floored it one day and finally got the check engine light to come on and it was a cylinder 1 misfire. Started tracing it and when I went to see what the plug color looked like I discovered the electrode was missing from the plug. Plugs and coils had been replaced about 20k ago. Replaced the cyl 1 plug and all was right with the world. Fast forward 2 weeks and it's doing the same thing again. Just started this morning. Currently waiting for it to cool off enough to check out the plug again

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191126143730938_COVER.jpg

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was my plugs.
I was just going to say plugs and you beat me to it. People get lulled into thinking plugs will last "forever" but things can go wrong with them and they actually start wearing out the day you put them in like tires when you drive away from the tire shop.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69