2008 expedition Eddie Bauer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Marrier

Reaction score
I've had this Expedition for a few months and no issues. I stopped for gas a few weeks back and when I got ready to leave it would not start. I had to be towed some 50 miles and when we got to repair shop I checked to if it would start and it did. It has done this several times now, always after it has been running for awhile , never cold. Yesterday I left it running to get gas and while I was gassing up it stalled and wouldn't start. Again towed and when I got to the shop it started again. My mechanic cannot find what the issue is and he cannot pull an codes off the vehicle. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

Jim

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it crank? If not shake the key and see if that starts it. It’s common for the ignition lock cylinder switch to get worn out inside and not make contact unless you shake it.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I’d start by testing to see if it has spark when it’s cranking. At this point it needs to be narrowed down to electrical or fuel. I believe spark is run off the crank sensor these days. Possible the fuel pump is tired too.