2008 Ford Expedition top rear vents not blowing air.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SledAlaska

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here. So my 08 expeditions heat and AC work however when I turn on my rear vents, nothing blows out of the top rear vents. There is no clicking or any weird sounds. Any ideas?

OP
OP
SledAlaska

SledAlaska

Reaction score
Yup, no blown fuses. Would it have to do we anything with the blower I. The very back? That one still blows, just no air out of the roof vents.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d still pull the top actuator and test it to make sure it’s still working and that the vent door isn’t stuck. If the actuator is bad, here’s where I ordered mine from: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006EKNRXW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As a precaution, I installed the new actuator on the temperature door (side) since that’s the harder one to replace, and moved the old one up top so if it fails, I don’t need to tear all the trim panels out again. They‘re identical units.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where exactly is the top one located?
Under the RT rear cupholder and trim pocket. Pull them both out and you’ll see it. You need an 8mm flex ratchet wrench to get the 3 screws out. You don’t need to remove all the trim to get to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701