2008 Issues!!! HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wess

Reaction score
I bought an 07 knowing it had a shutter from a friend who owned a car lot. He sold it to a guy then it started shuttering. Rebuilt the transmission once and changed the torque converter three times. Carlot took the car back and put him in something else. I got a great deal on it And put Dr Tranny Shutter eliminator in it.drove it from Houston to San Antonio, it started doing it bout the time we got there. Still doing it now.this is a very confusioning problem and don't want to throw a bunch of parts at it!

nubia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought an 07 knowing it had a shutter from a friend who owned a car lot. He sold it to a guy then it started shuttering. Rebuilt the transmission once and changed the torque converter three times. Carlot took the car back and put him in something else. I got a great deal on it And put Dr Tranny Shutter eliminator in it.drove it from Houston to San Antonio, it started doing it bout the time we got there. Still doing it now.this is a very confusioning problem and don't want to throw a bunch of parts at it!
Change the plugs and coils.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jarmo

Reaction score
That's exactly why I want to figure this out before a new tranny and what not.

The Swagonmaster

Reaction score
It was already said but I will say it again, when you change the atf first be sure to use the correct fluid (not necessarily ford brand) not a cheaper fluid with an additive.
Another thing that might help your 'is it the transmission or is it the engine' question is to hook up a vacuum guage to the engine and drive the truck. An engine problem will make the vacuum reading change, a transmission problem won't.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was already said but I will say it again, when you change the atf first be sure to use the correct fluid (not necessarily ford brand) not a cheaper fluid with an additive.
Another thing that might help your 'is it the transmission or is it the engine' question is to hook up a vacuum guage to the engine and drive the truck. An engine problem will make the vacuum reading change, a transmission problem won't.

You COULD just rev it in neutral...

OP
OP
J

Jarmo

Reaction score
Well the latest is that the shudder is now in multiple gears. I also have a "clunk" going from drive to nuetral to reverse. Not Everytime but often. Taking to a local tranny shop Monday.

OP
OP
J

Jarmo

Reaction score
Update:
Shops says the computer is sending the "lock out" signal but manually the tranny is not going into lock out mode. Simply put, the tranny goes into his mode as a 1 to 1 gear ratio to save gas. When defective or not working the rpm's are higher. They are pulling pan to see if metal is in tranny pan. From what I have seen it could be a lock out switch..... Shall see soon.