2008 Limited AC cuts on high setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gtmitch2

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Limited with automatic temperature control. The ac works fine until it kicks on to high, it will run for a few seconds then cut off. If I leave it on it will turn back on then cut off after a few seconds. It works fine on all other speeds with no issues.

Already replaced blower motor with an OEM off rock auto, as well as the blower motor resistor with an aftermarket from advance. Rear works fine on all speeds.

Appreciate any response on what I can check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gonna hazard a guess that's it's the aftermarket blower motor control module. These seem to prefer motorcraft.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The EATC uses a blower motor control module instead of the traditional resistor pack. A few of the parts vendors have the module named wrong. Most of the non OEM modules are under rated and have a high failure rate. Only real option is to use the Ford module.

OP
OP
Gtmitch2

Gtmitch2

Reaction score
IMG_1041.jpg

This is the one I replaced the OEM with, it’s much smaller. I installed one and had the same issues, then took it back and installed another one and I’m still having issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65