2009 expy no front fan with eatc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all as some may know i have an 09 expedition eddie bauer with the eatc. Everything has been working fine till tonight. I seem to have lost my front fan. It might be blowing on the slowest speed but hard to tell for sure. I have no other speeds right now. I have already run the EATC self test and i got no codes.

My old crown vic had a blower motor speed controller that was famous for crapping out...Do our trucks have the same system? If so, where is it? Otherwise is it the blower motor that conked out or is there things that i am missing? All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

B

bedrck46

The following was copied from the 2007 service manual. The 2009 should be similar. Hopefully this will help

The blower motor is inoperative — EMTC
Fuse(s)
Circuitry open
A/C blower motor switch
Blower motor relay
A/C blower motor
EMTC module
BJB

The blower motor does not operate correctly — EMTC
Circuitry open/shorted
A/C blower motor resistor
A/C blower motor switch

The blower motor is inoperative — EATC
Fuse(s)
Circuitry short/open
Blower motor relay
A/C blower motor
EATC module
A/C blower motor speed control
BJB

The blower motor does not operate correctly — EATC
Circuitry open/shorted
A/C blower motor speed control
EATC module

OP
OP
Q

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a funny feeling its the blower motor speed controller. I feel it blowing very faintly. Where is it on these trucks?

B

bedrck46

Pic is from the 07 manual hopefully the 09 is the same

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Q

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks bedrck. I talked to the selling dealer tonight finally. I'm dropping it off Monday night and they will look into it. Hoping to get some of the problems addressed

OP
OP
Q

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They said it was the blower motor resistor which on the eatc trucks i think its the blower motor speed controller like my cv. Its all fixed now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1