2009 ford expedition eddie bauer edition pcv valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jose4728

Reaction score
I've currently have 2009 ford expedition eddie bauer I've noticed a bit of white smoked coming out the exhaust pipe after a bit of time it goes away took it to the mechanic an he agrees its pcv valve now here's my problem upon researching an going to several part stores an calling the ford service parts provider it turns out they don't make them no more and theres no after marketparts if try ebay also and no luck , ive been thinking about it an have consider if looking at the junk yard for a pcv valve would be an alternative or does anyone know or have an idea on how to modify It so far no dash light but I've read it carn harm the engine long term

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
White smoke does not sound like a pcv problem, hate to say you have anti freeze getting into a cylinder. See this is your first post, welcome aboard.

OP
OP
J

Jose4728

Reaction score
I thought the same when I took it in and then they told me that upon further research i found out that like you say could be coolent crack crank case and pcv valve leaking oil So do you recommend me taking it to another mechanic or what should I do

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you getting any DTC codes? (Check Engine Light). Run rough on start up ? How do the sparkplugs look ? White smoke on startup is generally a sign of coolant leaking into a cylinder. How many miles on the Expy ? 200k or more it's most likely a blown head gasket.

Attachments

• Ford 3V PCV System VC.jpg
    Ford 3V PCV System VC.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jose4728

Reaction score
No lights everything was fine till just a couple days ago the white smoked appeared. Seems to start normal every time and runs/ drives ok I've taken to a mechanic and he says it's the pcv valve we've taken it out and look at it and it does seems bad . It has 160 k miles he suggest we do the oil change whit the filter and pcv valve but turns out they don't make them anymore . Any suggestions of what to do should I take it to another mechanic ?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No lights everything was fine till just a couple days ago the white smoked appeared. Seems to start normal every time and runs/ drives ok I've taken to a mechanic and he says it's the pcv valve we've taken it out and look at it and it does seems bad . It has 160 k miles he suggest we do the oil change whit the filter and pcv valve but turns out they don't make them anymore . Any suggestions of what to do should I take it to another mechanic ?

Do you see any signs of moisture on the oil fill cap ? Are you losing coolant in the reservoir ? If you're due for an oil change look for milky oil . Use a full synthetic oil when you replace the oil.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jose4728

Reaction score
It's the positive crank valve . He check the oil to doesn't seem milky but does seem a little dark , it's the connection to the house that's on the top tower's the steering wheel side we took it out an clean it but doesn't seem functional we placed it back In try to find the piece but they don't make them anymore . He recommended an oil change and filter whit the pcv valve .but atlast the pcv valve is no where to be found . I guess I'll take it to another mechanic and see what he finds . So far this mechanic has been on point whit fixes on other vehicles and prices .

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of what you're talking about ? .

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jose4728

Reaction score
I got the part number bud saddly no picture .this piece resembles my . seems to be in the same area to ,where the green piece is in the back is where i found mines he took it out and we clean it it had oil around it so we consider that to be the problem cause it was really dirty and cover in some oil . Yeah it seems that is one of a kind cause they no longer make it so im considered looking in junkyard for a replacement or maybe if possible modified that part there . Im considering taking it to another mechanic an as a last resort go to ford shop and get there diagnostic, i will post a picture of mines when i get the time to take it out 20190615_204741_f43096e1c2243ec5a9bb41b92f39bc14808c979f.jpg