2010 EL Running Board Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010expedition

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Wanted to see if anyone may have any tips on how to separate the running board motor from the running board bracket? I have removed the wedge and bolts but have had no luck. Does the bracket and motor have to be in a specific position? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Make sure all the bolts are all removed from the motor to the running board bracket...2 Allen bolts and 2 10mm...IIRC...then I just tapped it out with a hammer. My drivers side motor are itself...just put a new one in yesterday..

OP
OP

2010expedition

Reaction score
Thank you. I have been trying to tap it out without much luck. Have all the bolts out and wedge and just seems frozen in the bracket. I can turn the motor and it will move the bracket open/close but won't slide out. Have it soaked in pb blaster and can't get it to budge. Hoping not to crack the hinge.

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Try hitting the motor not the shaft...you got to get the threaded inserts to come out of the hinge frame...take the wedge out...should come right out.

Brady Erickson

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue trying to separate the motor from the hinge bracket as well. I'm wondering if anyone has solved the problem when simple tapping the motor or shaft doesn't do the trick.

StephanSloan

Reaction score
My 2008 Expedition EL running board motor shafts were stuck well.
I used Kroil and heat to try and break it loose. Eventually I put a gear puller on -with the center of the gear puller pressing the shaft out. The aluminum hinge frame cracked but the motor shaft came out and hinge still works.
Good luck. I hope you have easier success than I did.

Brady Erickson

Reaction score
My next attempt is going to be a gear puller because nothing else seem to be working. I did the heat and penetrating oil thing without much success other than cracking my hinge too.

Thanks for the advice!

Vonn

Reaction score
Holy crap I’m having the same issues exactly. This is driving me insane. I’ve removed all the bolts, the wedge bolt and wedge too, taken the bracket and motor completely off the board and trying to use a 3 claw wheel puller and this son of a B@tch will NOT move.. I’ve soaked it to death with rust penetrant and NOTHING. I refuse to pay $300 $500 for a new bracket.
FML.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holy crap I’m having the same issues exactly. This is driving me insane. I’ve removed all the bolts, the wedge bolt and wedge too, taken the bracket and motor completely off the board and trying to use a 3 claw wheel puller and this son of a B@tch will NOT move.. I’ve soaked it to death with rust penetrant and NOTHING. I refuse to pay $300 $500 for a new bracket.
FML.

Can you apply heat (blowtorch) and wax somewhere?

TyTy12

Reaction score
I’m having the same problem
Any updates on how to remove it without breaking the Bracket?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni