2010 Expedition Rear AC Line Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jungleman

Reaction score
2010 Expedition Limited 248,*** miles Rear AC line is leaking. Dealer says $3100 to replace because requires body to be removed to access lines.

Any suggestions for less expensive solution? Can I eliminate the rear lines completely? Lost all refrigerant so no AC cooling front or back

OP
OP
J

Jungleman

Reaction score
Also noticed the leak was in the engine compartment passenger side. Found yellow oil spot on garage floor (not coolant)

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I bought my 2014 EL LTD from a dealer 4.5 years ago, the rear lines were leaking. They fixed it under their used car warranty. This past year, it started leaking again and I lost all A/C...again. I had my wrench nephew cut and cap the lines to the rear and recharge the system. Cost me less than $400. I've never heard of body off to fix?? Capping works for me as it's more of a work truck than passenger vehicle.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need a new mechanic... My 2010 had the rear AC line go out where it touched the frame and rubbed a hole in it. Had the line replaced and there was no body removal. It can all be done under and inside the back panel.

OP
OP
J

Jungleman

Reaction score
Any suggestions on aftermarket replacement AC Line or process to eliminate “cap off” the rear lines

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire