2010 With headlights on when put in gear regardless of switch position..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragbikeracer

Reaction score
Hello all!

Newbie to this forum. I thought I scored a cool deal on my 2010 with 61K miles, and looking very clean for the year. After I took delivery (of course!) I noticed the headlights always came on when in anything other than park, regardless of the switch position. I'm 99% sure this was a govt. vehicle, as it has the 3rd row seat delete, LOTS of screw holes in the dash, and big screw holes in the tops of the rear doors and evidence of a cage on the backs of the front seats.

Anyone know how to revert the headlight mod back to normal auto/manual/off operation? Its a sweet ride, very clean for the year, all white with heavy tinted windows, and has deleted wiring just behind the front grill, which would be for the red and blues they have when on a "run". It literally screams "its the Feds!" I haven't taken a pic yet, but that's on its way.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can point me in the right direction!

Craig

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No computer buttons, right?

Any switchable options on SSVs are pretty much thru FORSCAN (coding) only

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might check with your local Police Dept mechanics.Their usually pretty cool guys to talk with. I became good friends with the Harley mechanic that worked just down the street from Eagle rider here in SF. Every so often I had something I didn't know, my background was Japanese bikes. Tell them your situation, it's probably a switch or 2 swapout.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
You might check with your local Police Dept mechanics.Their usually pretty cool guys to talk with. I became good friends with the Harley mechanic that worked just down the street from Eagle rider here in SF. Every so often I had something I didn't know, my background was Japanese bikes. Tell them your situation, it's probably a switch or 2 swapout.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Pretty much the easiest and freest option you have, locate your city's municipal building, the mechanics are usually stationed in there and are usually in the back working on police cars already anyways... they're union guys so they're looking for any excuse to get out of work any way possible.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Canada settings in ForScan or government preset of some sort