2015-2017 SSV XL Trim Black Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeafBringer

Reaction score
Damn, crazy how expensive these headlight units are! Trying to replace my 2012 headlights due to the yellowing/clouding. Scruffing/buffing/sanding them down do not work because it just happens again eventually, even with a spray can clear coat applied over it. the UV rays in Arizona is a killer.

Is it worth getting the projector units over the halogen units and fitting LEDs? I don't want to be "that *******".

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn, crazy how expensive these headlight units are! Trying to replace my 2012 headlights due to the yellowing/clouding. Scruffing/buffing/sanding them down do not work because it just happens again eventually, even with a spray can clear coat applied over it. the UV rays in Arizona is a killer.

Is it worth getting the projector units over the halogen units and fitting LEDs? I don't want to be "that *******".
We're happy with ours with LEDs. I adjusted them appropriately and no one "flashes" us.

BTW FL UV is just as bad as AZ. I'm almost to the point of considering headlight lens replacement "maintenance" because they're that important to driving at night.

DeafBringer

Reaction score
We're happy with ours with LEDs. I adjusted them appropriately and no one "flashes" us.

BTW FL UV is just as bad as AZ. I'm almost to the point of considering headlight lens replacement "maintenance" because they're that important to driving at night.

To clarify, you paid for halogen housing and added in LED bulbs?

DeafBringer

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks! Worth getting 15-17 halogen headlamp assemblies or stick to 2011-2014? Do either make a difference when using LED bulbs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1