2015 Expedition EL - Shutter/vibrate at 45-80 mph during acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yes spark plugs! Then do tranny! If you get a chance clean all your sensors on intake tract .there are 3 they get oil covered! 1 on intake 1 on throttle body pipe and the last one usually stays clean as it by the air intake box .

Reaction score
Since it’s been a month since you posted, did you find anything out about your expedition?
Hey thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to follow up on my post.

So following up on the information in my post above. When I got back from the test drive after changing out the plugs and coils, i kept investigating the shudder issue. In my investigations, I kept reading about people adding Shudder Fixx to the transmission fluid and how it almost immediately fixed the shudder. I was skeptical, but I did some quick research, read some reviews and checked out the product website. For $10, I decided to give it a try. Much cheaper and much easier than any of the other possible solutions. As a side note, I did decide to also add the Lubegard ATF Protectant as well (see link below). Again, I was thinking, it's worth a shot.

After a quick drive up to the local O'Reilly's, I removed about 7-8 oz of transmission fluid and added the 2 ounces of Shudder Fixx and half a bottle (5 oz) of ATF Protectant. I then took the Expedition for another test drive. I literally live 2.5 miles from the interstate. I figured there was no way that it would make a difference that quickly. Once I got up to a steady interstate speed, I tried unsuccessfully to replicate the shudder. Prior to adding the additives, I could easily replicate the shudder on demand, every time. Honestly, I was shocked that not only did it work, but it worked that quickly.

It has been a little over 1000 miles since and the shudder is completely gone. Based on some continued research, it appears it was a torque converter shudder. I am not a car guy and do not claim to be one. But it appears the additives decreased the friction and thus reduced/eliminated the torque converter shudder. What I don't know is if this is a temporary fix for a bigger problem. Maybe I've just kicked the bottle down the road for a little while. But for now, I'm satisfied. On to the next project.

Hopefully this helps and Happy New Year!