2015 rear muffler delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I bought it from a dealer back in March and the previous owner used it to drive all over the place for their clothing business, so it was all Hwy miles anyway.

Ive been slowly changing the fluids out, first was the tranny, rear diff, and I'm trying the amsoil 5w30 signature synthetic too as it gets good reviews. I'm not a "once a year" kinda guy but I will probably just go to 5k and change the oil.

The tranny seems like there is a slight hesitation when you first take off. And I mean slight. But if i use tow haul I like how it seems to be in the right gear, plus I like the downshifting. I know it's not a sportscar, but does that seem normal?

The hesitation is likely not your transmission that hesitation is typical of drive by wire systems.
It is remedied with a tune or a throttle controller like the pedal commander or other products.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The hesitation is likely not your transmission that hesitation is typical of drive by wire systems.
It is remedied with a tune or a throttle controller like the pedal commander or other products.
@Nevin try a throttle position sensor reset

OP
OP
N

Nevin

Reaction score
16 plati, sounds good!

I'll dig a bit and see what i can find!

Unless you have a link for me?

*edit*

Just did a quick search and found it. Seemed easy enough. Followed the procedure and i will see how it drives tonight when we head out to a friends place.

I also removed the intake "plug" thing in the fender today. Just to see. *shrug*

Last edited:

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's funny, I look for that awful looking exhaust to identify the 15 to 17s on the road. Now if you change out the fog lights, I won't be able to tell at all since the ecoboost sign is so tiny.

Mine was just replaced after being "rear-ended". It was on back order for 2 weeks (pipe as well).

Anyone know the story of why they designed the exhaust this way?

OP
OP
N

Nevin

Reaction score
Id kinda like to get rid of the ecoboost badge and get one that says twin turbo instead. Just cause...