2016 Review (25,000 miles)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Hey nice write up. Good info! I do have a question maybe a little off topic as far as mods go, but I see you have the 3:73 gears with the EL tow package. I have the same in my 2017 EL and I’m noticing a very slight gear whine at about 50-60 mph mainly on tip in of throttle. I was wondering if you’ve noticed any noise with your 3:73’s. I only have 5800 miles on mine still. I can make it whine by tipping in and out of throttle gently at those speeds. Contemplating taking it back for warranty or just waiting to see if it gets any worse. Most people probably wouldn’t notice it but I can hear it.
No gear whine and I do also get what @07xln talked about in regards to low speed turns in morning

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No gear whine and I do also get what @07xln talked about in regards to low speed turns in morning
Thanks again for the write up and the reply. I haven’t noticed any low speed turn noises when cold at least not yet but I’ll be listening now. That symptom sounds to me like clutches ... may need a little more limited slip additive to help them slip in corners.

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score

Thanks again for the write up and the reply. I haven’t noticed any low speed turn noises when cold at least not yet but I’ll be listening now. That symptom sounds to me like clutches ... may need a little more limited slip additive to help them slip in corners.
Let me be more specific, the sound I get is a slight hum from the front which I can probably attribute to the tires IMO

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey nice write up. Good info! I do have a question maybe a little off topic as far as mods go, but I see you have the 3:73 gears with the EL tow package. I have the same in my 2017 EL and I’m noticing a very slight gear whine at about 50-60 mph mainly on tip in of throttle. I was wondering if you’ve noticed any noise with your 3:73’s. I only have 5800 miles on mine still. I can make it whine by tipping in and out of throttle gently at those speeds. Contemplating taking it back for warranty or just waiting to see if it gets any worse. Most people probably wouldn’t notice it but I can hear it.

My '04 rear end has a whine since it left the dealership brand new. Now has about 160,000 still sings and drives fine.