2016 XLT Backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TC16XLT

Reaction score
So, I didn't find anything on this type of issue. The pic shows what happens sporadically, and usually more often when the ambient temperature drops below 30. Anyone have any idea, if the camera needs to be replaced, or maybe a bad connection?fedaee360e16625faec89df2c5fc04d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
Mine does it too. I've noticed that it seems to be "moisture" related (happens more often after raining). Usually clears up a couple of days afterwards.

OP
OP
T

TC16XLT

Reaction score
I may take the door card off of the hatch and see if I can seal that thing up a bit. It was out for 4 days, and as you said, must've dried out and started working again today.

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
I may take the door card off of the hatch and see if I can seal that thing up a bit. It was out for 4 days, and as you said, must've dried out and started working again today.

Does your back leak around the glass? Mine does but I've not slowed down enough to put a stop to it.

OP
OP
T

TC16XLT

Reaction score
Does your back leak around the glass? Mine does but I've not slowed down enough to put a stop to it.
I dont have a leak inside, but I did notice that the camera was loose tonight. I'll check it out sometime soon.

Brian Burns

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. Can't remember if it was raining, but I do believe it was cold ( <30 degrees). It'll be raining here for the next few days, but with warmer temps. I'll keep an eye on it. I've never checked to see if it was a loose connection or anything like that. Thanks for posting!

Expedition.jpg

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does something similar, only in low light situations. The image shifts to mostly red and the image freezes. I would welcome any thoughts.

DExpy17

Reaction score
It probably a loose connection or bad wire.I have the same problem. Usually after someone slams the hatch down. Typically opening and closing the hatch gently corrects it.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A hair dryer should be able to confirm if it's a moisture issue. Get it nice and warm for a few minutes and if the issue disappears, you've found the cause.

jeff