2016 XLT Mod List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So we purchased our very first expy and Ford back in November of last year. Loved the truck ever since! But there has been some items on the vehicle that just had to be replaced, items that the vehicle of that year and price should have come with already. Now I'm not complaining but the truck had room for improvement.

(1) Intake Silencer Removal
Now I know that there is a lot of mixed opinions on this but say what you will. I personally dont have an issue with this mod. We all want more turbo whistle and removing them did the trick, plain and simple. We have put around 5,000 miles on the truck and no issue with the silencers removed.
(2) Debadge Kind Of
So when I was cleaning the truck back when it was almost 100+ out the X fell off from the heat so I removed the LT and kept the ecoboost.
(3) Interior Dome Lights/Map Lights
I think we all can agree the the 2015-2017 Expeditions should have come with led light on the interior. So far I have installed the two map light up front just have been procrastinating doing their rears.
(4) LED License Plate Lights
New cars in the Expedition price range have them so why not put them in... That and they came with the interior lights I bought.
FYI if they are blue led or red cops might pull you over for impersonating a officer.
(5) LED Puddle Lights
Again I don't know why this didn't come like that from factory but at least now the lights look good but serve a purpose too.

Okay that's the small mods that have been done so far. There is a lot more I have planned for the expy such as, leveling kit, tint for the front two windows, rims and tires, LED head lights, and much much more but let's not ruin the surprise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
417bcd5a5bc10369048f599dad526850.jpg

OP
OP
RenegadeBad_Dog

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update for the interior leds, puddle lights, and plate lights. These are so much brighter and it isn't even fully dark out in the pictures yet. If any of you were contemplating doing this to your expedition, or any other vehicle for that matter I would highly recommend doing so. Also hint hint I definitely think the two front windows need to match the rears.
a4ba17b2766c4db1d6ad019d31d6a6a1.jpge535f88cb462c4a7dc23ab34cf2c308b.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JDM Astar interior/license plate lights are a lot brighter if that's what you seek

David M

Reaction score
So we purchased our very first expy and Ford back in November of last year. Loved the truck ever since! But there has been some items on the vehicle that just had to be replaced, items that the vehicle of that year and price should have come with already. Now I'm not complaining but the truck had room for improvement.

(1) Intake Silencer Removal
Now I know that there is a lot of mixed opinions on this but say what you will. I personally dont have an issue with this mod. We all want more turbo whistle and removing them did the trick, plain and simple. We have put around 5,000 miles on the truck and no issue with the silencers removed.
(2) Debadge Kind Of
So when I was cleaning the truck back when it was almost 100+ out the X fell off from the heat so I removed the LT and kept the ecoboost.
(3) Interior Dome Lights/Map Lights
I think we all can agree the the 2015-2017 Expeditions should have come with led light on the interior. So far I have installed the two map light up front just have been procrastinating doing their rears.
(4) LED License Plate Lights
New cars in the Expedition price range have them so why not put them in... That and they came with the interior lights I bought.
FYI if they are blue led or red cops might pull you over for impersonating a officer.
(5) LED Puddle Lights
Again I don't know why this didn't come like that from factory but at least now the lights look good but serve a purpose too.

Okay that's the small mods that have been done so far. There is a lot more I have planned for the expy such as, leveling kit, tint for the front two windows, rims and tires, LED head lights, and much much more but let's not ruin the surprise.

417bcd5a5bc10369048f599dad526850.jpg
That mod does nothing

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Front window tint is asking for a Po Po stop. In our state anyway, front tint is illegal. License plate lights...why would you want them lit up like a billboard? Just my $.02

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Front window tint is asking for a Po Po stop. In our state anyway, front tint is illegal. License plate lights...why would you want them lit up like a billboard? Just my $.02

TECHNICALLY, it's just front tint FILM that is illegal.

Certain luxury cars come with some pretty tinted windshields from factory

OP
OP
RenegadeBad_Dog

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not here in my state luckily. The tint is legal we have a a tint level that we have to abide by but the police around here don't really enforce it. As for the license plate light they came with the interior light kit so I figured it would give it a much more modern look plus match the new puddle lights. Please by all means give your opinion I love to see what others think.