2016 XLT Remote Start Install Success

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't believe the relay and hood plunger are utilized. If you're pulling 12v from the dash then use the power point as it has a bigger fuse.

As for switched power, I used an add-a-circuit on a fuse in the passenger kick panel and it's worked well. I can grab some pics if you're interested in that approach, but that might be moot since you can just tie into the wiring you're going to be installing anyway.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why does your ‘16 key fob look like that when my ‘15 looks like this: 207ff4527741e8ebe3a6d8ad8af19e9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TK13LG

Reaction score
My '17 XLT didn't come with remote start. I wanted to add it but they told me $1000 extra and I would have to carry 2 keyfobs... I assume an aftermarket remote start kit w/it's own fob. I decided NOT to do it as I don't want to carry all that extra stuff on my key chain.

Do you think this would work for my '17? I am ignorant when coming to cars. So you are saying all I would need is the key remote you had the picture of and take it to the dealership to program it?

View attachment 23399 The dealer is full of crap on the '16 Expedition. All you need to buy is new factory remote start keys...which look just like the original but with the center start button....the dealer programs the PCM with a laptop and you now have factory remote start. No cutting wires and plugging in stuff. Then you end up with 4 keys for your truck, 2 remote start 2 regular.

Last edited: