2017 AC Problems - Rear blows warm. Front not cold enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Limited with auto climate control. I've been having an issue where the rear vents blow warm air despite what the controls are set to. The fronts blow cold but not really that cold.

I was thinking, as a first diagnosis, is to check the refrigerant pressure but I'm not sure what these values should be for my particular vehicle. Anyone one have these?

Note: Car uses R134a according to the sticker under the hood.

Timo2824

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take it to a professional and get it fixed, by the time you buy all the tools to properly work on the AC system it could have paid for a shop visit. Will save you lots of hassle and lost time.

OP
OP
jkayca

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm putting things on hold as temperatures have dropped considerable where I live. Hopefully on the weekend we'll see warmer weather

poorboy08

Reaction score
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having a very similar problem. The front blows "kinda" cold air at idle, then it really cools off when moving. The rear on the other hand never blows anything but cabin temperature air.

OP
OP
jkayca

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Compressor seized. I had to get the system flushed and the desiccator replaced along with the compressor.