2017 Expedition Disable Horn from KeyFob and Enable Mirror auto fold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cpic

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to enable mirror auto fold and turn off horn when you leave the car with key fob in your pocket?

Thanks

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to enable mirror auto fold and turn off horn when you leave the car with key fob in your pocket?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum. To answer your question. No and yes. Give me a couple of minutes and I'll post the thread for you.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks
We have an 04
And just purchased 17
The dealer has been no help
They wouldn't be.

Going back and rereading, you message you need to download FORScan from forscan.org and they you will need the OBDLink MX connector that you can buy on Amazon. You will also need a laptop computer to make this all work and once you get into it you'll find a lot of other things you can change.

OP
OP
C

Cpic

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Andy.
I don't work with lap tops all day but I can use one to send email and such.
Is there detailed instruction on this and will it void warranty?
hate to screw something up. this thing cost a small fortune compared to our old EB.
Ive seen some videos on youtube but for F150 and not 2017.

thanks have a great day

Chad

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Disabling the double honk is a routine question here. Forscan is the means to do it.

Auto folding mirrors aren't on my list. Rarely fold them.

Daylight Running Lights are sadly missing from the factory but can be activated easily. And the annoying "lights on" icons on the dash can be disabled without recourse to putting black electrical tape over them. Those two are about the only changes I made other than activating the engine hour meter. Starts from zero (0) when activated. Surprising amount of engine idle time with the cold weather and pre-starting the truck.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
C

Cpic

Reaction score
Thank You Chuck
Looking into downloading Forscan
And purchasing OBD BT Tool

OP
OP
C

Cpic

Reaction score
still looking into purchasing the OBD 11 MX
is it really worth the purchase?
Just how many improvements does it make?

thanks

Chad

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still looking into purchasing the OBD 11 MX
is it really worth the purchase?
Just how many improvements does it make?

thanks

Chad
With FORScan in addition to changing the software code to make the vehicles do what we want them to do, you can use it later on to read fault codes in pretty much all the modules. It really depends on how much you plan to do yourself. The dealer generally will not make these changes and if they do they'll charge the shop labor rate for the minimum amount of time probably at least 1/2 hour plus a charge to hook your vehicle up to their computer. You have to decide if it's worth it to you. I think I paid $80 for mine on Amazon.