2017 Expedition Driver side Door Check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albert Sica

Reaction score
Anyone have experience replacing the driver side door check on a 2017 Expedition , Looks very difficult to get to it from the inside to remove ? Any suggestions?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone have experience replacing the driver side door check on a 2017 Expedition , Looks very difficult to get to it from the inside to remove ? Any suggestions?

I have a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4.

The LF door check strap broke while under warranty, and it was replaced by the dealer.

Ironically, I dropped it off at the dealer this afternoon to have the LF door check replaced again (and for a coolant leak). This time the OEM part is making a loud “clunk” when the door is opened.

To replace the LF door check, you must unbolt the parking brake assembly (two bolts) and the release cable, and move it out of the way. There is a small access panel for the door check bolts behind the parking brake assembly.

OP
OP
A

Albert Sica

Reaction score
Update, I figured out how to remove the door check and reinstall the new one relatively easy - took about 20 minutes - key is you DO NOT have to remove the parking break assembly !!! - I took photos to show how its done for anyone else that needs to replace this in a 2017 Expy

Presentation1.jpg