Drivers Door Ajar warning stays on and no power windows or locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KDS_5

Reaction score
2017 Expedition XLT here: Today the wife called to tell me the Driver's Side Door Ajar warning stayed on when the door was closed, which keeps the dome light on. Also, none of the power windows are working and the power lock on the driver's side door isn't working but the power mirrors are working. I've cleaned the battery, checked the fuses, and lubed the door latch with no changes.

I assume the door ajar warning is because the door jamb switch failed but confused with the other issues. . . Any suggestions on confirming the jamb switch before ripping the door panel off? And anything with the other window and lock issues??

Last edited:

Timo2824

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wiring harness that goes from the door to the cab is damaged or a connection was unplugged.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
More than likely your assumption is correct, The Door Ajar Switch (inside the Door Latch mechanism) is gunk'd up with dirt, not allowing the proper function of the spring. Could just need to be cleaned up or has simply failed and needs replacing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire