2017 Expedition siren noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mavy

Reaction score
I purchased our 2017 Expedition EL about 2 months ago and it was great no problems. We had it about a month and started to get a siren noise out of the front door speaker on start up for about 6-8 seconds. no other lights or problems have shown up, even hooked a Matco Maximus 2.0 to the truck just to see if I could see anything to no avail. I have read a thread on here about a guy having a similar problem but then it just randomly going away. Has anyone else had this problem with a known fix? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have no Idea what that could be. Can you record a video of it and upload it to youtube? Then share the video? That way we can hear it.

MuddySpokes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have not had that happen with the Expedition, but did in another Ford vehicle some time ago. At first it was intermittent across all speakers and eventually got to the point that it happened it all the time. Amp was replaced under warranty.

Not saying that it is the case here, but just reassuring that you are not alone.

If it is consistent enough and the vehicle is still under warranty, might want to swing by the dealership. If nothing else, you can point to the complaint and dealer validation in case the warranty runs-out before the repair.

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the previous owner of my expy commented to me that he got a really weird noise out of a back speaker (and/or maybe the sub) every once in a while. He could not explain what it sounded like other than saying it was awful to hear. I've had the truck a few months now and have never experienced it myself but now I wonder if its the same thing?