2017 long term issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't checked in for quite awhile. I moved to Florida over a year ago & love it here.

I get a company provided vehicle with my current job and my driving mileage on the EXPY had dropped off.

I'm approaching 70,000 miles on it. I bought it used from a rental or commercial owner, according to Car Fax.

I have been really happy with it. The only issues I've had were a rattling exhaust clamp, a broken rear stabilizer bar which may have occurred prior to me buying it, the 4x4 selector switch came apart and a button fell off the radio. Both the switch and replacement of the center control stack were covered as one visit on Ford's extended warranty. I said they only had to replace the button but was told they had to replace the whole unit.

Other than that it has been a high quality, great performing vehicle. I tow often with it, even though I don't have the HD towing package. I do stay within the weight requirements. I have lived in frigid NYS, Alabama and Florida. It has not disappointed in any weather condition.

I still have another 55,000 miles of extended warranty for peace of mind.

I remember several had much more mileage than mine and wondered if there any issues I should watch out for.

So any long term issues?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm at 116K. So far I've done the following (1) throttle body (2) blower resister (3) rear camera connector cleaning (twice) (4) rotor replacement (hot spots) (5) spark plugs (stumble).

So, no major repairs.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm at 116K. So far I've done the following (1) throttle body (2) blower resister (3) rear camera connector cleaning (twice) (4) rotor replacement (hot spots) (5) spark plugs (stumble).

So, no major repairs.
What was wrong with the throttle body?

John D

Reaction score
I had a water pump go at 105k. Presented as a slowly disappearing coolant and then just completely let go in in the driveway one night. It was a 2 hour job and $160 bucks for the part. I also did the blower resistor and spark plugs twice now.

OP
OP
C

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found this online and wanted to see if folks here have the same experience as I have had which backs this up.

How Reliable Is the 2017 Ford Expedition?
The 2017 Ford Expedition has an almost-perfect predicted reliability rating of 4.5 out of five from J.D. Power.

2017 Ford Expedition Overview
Is the 2017 Ford Expedition a Good Used SUV?
The 2017 Ford Expedition is an outstanding large SUV. It has a twin-turbocharged V6 engine with robust horsepower and strong towing capacity. The Expedition also has a spacious, comfortable interior. Below-average ownership costs, a near-perfect predicted reliability rating, and high safety ratings only add to its appeal.

Why You Can Trust Us
We do not base our used car rankings and reviews on our personal opinions. Instead, we collect information like safety and reliability reports, total cost of ownership estimates, and the views of the automotive press. We analyzed 88 professional evaluations for this 2017 Ford Expedition review to help you make an informed buying decision.

Our experienced team of writers, editors, and analysts has been ranking and reviewing the best cars, trucks, crossovers, and SUVs since 2007. We remain unbiased by refusing pricey gifts and trips from auto manufacturers and employing an independent agency to manage the advertising on our site.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/ford/expedition/2017

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found this online and wanted to see if folks here have the same experience as I have had which backs this up.

The 2017 Ford Expedition has an almost-perfect predicted reliability rating of 4.5 out of five from J.D. Power.

The 2017 Ford Expedition is an outstanding large SUV. It has a twin-turbocharged V6 engine with robust horsepower and strong towing capacity. The Expedition also has a spacious, comfortable interior. Below-average ownership costs, a near-perfect predicted reliability rating, and high safety ratings only add to its appeal.

Why You Can Trust Us
We do not base our used car rankings and reviews on our personal opinions. Instead, we collect information like safety and reliability reports, total cost of ownership estimates, and the views of the automotive press. We analyzed 88 professional evaluations for this 2017 Ford Expedition review to help you make an informed buying decision.

Our experienced team of writers, editors, and analysts has been ranking and reviewing the best cars, trucks, crossovers, and SUVs since 2007. We remain unbiased by refusing pricey gifts and trips from auto manufacturers and employing an independent agency to manage the advertising on our site.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/ford/expedition/2017
It sounds like HYPE. It means nothing to me, everybody wants to make money at any cost. I NEVER listen to it.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The 2017 Ford Expedition is an outstanding large SUV. It has a twin-turbocharged V6 engine

FWIW my Fla (jealous) friend....the JD Power(& others) reviews etc often gives us a reference point as did CR years ago before they lost much credibility. I've posted my own experiences with JDP for my '17 and have updated it once, maybe twice? I wouldn't have if I did not like how they present themselves because yes, in the end.....I don't want to help someone make money that I do not like or censors you. (kinda why I don't post here too much anymore-lol)

Like you, I use available knowledge and you can't have too much.....

BTW- you Floridians may be the only Expy owners in the country not driving on snow this week!

jeff