2017 Universal Remote Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caspian27

Reaction score
AB05FE82-AEDD-4CD9-996C-EC10F8820E2C.jpeg
So my universal remote stopped working. I assume there is a battery in there and I tried a little to pry this off to see how to replace it but it didn’t come right off and I didn’t want to break it.

Does anyone have experience with how to get this off and replace the battery?

Thanks!

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no little battery in the visor. It's powered by the same circuit as the visor vanity lights. Does the red LED light up if you move the visor over toward the driver's window? There have been issues with the visor wiring harness in the past. But if neither visor vanity lights work it's most likely a fuse.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 74309
So my universal remote stopped working. I assume there is a battery in there and I tried a little to pry this off to see how to replace it but it didn’t come right off and I didn’t want to break it.

Does anyone have experience with how to get this off and replace the battery?

Thanks!

There is no separate battery.

The visor and HomeLink feature is supplied as an assembly (the remote is not serviced separately).

Push and hold one of the buttons. Do you see the small LED red light flashing? If so, the remote is functioning.

Is it possible you lost synchronization with the opener(s) that were programmed?

Have you tried to re program the unit, per the owner’s manual instructions?

OP
OP
C

caspian27

Reaction score
The vanity lights on the driver side are in fact not working. Good call.

Is there a fuse associated with that side?

OP
OP
C

caspian27

Reaction score
There is no separate battery.

The visor and HomeLink feature is supplied as an assembly (the remote is not serviced separately).

Push and hold one of the buttons. Do you see the small LED red light flashing? If so, the remote is functioning.

Is it possible you lost synchronization with the opener(s) that were programmed?

Have you tried to re program the unit, per the owner’s manual instructions?
The red lights do not work at all; which is why i thought a battery might be dead. I never use the vanity light so it didn’t even occur to me to check that.

OP
OP
C

caspian27

Reaction score
Yeah, there's no little battery in the visor. It's powered by the same circuit as the visor vanity lights. Does the red LED light up if you move the visor over toward the driver's window? There have been issues with the visor wiring harness in the past. But if neither visor vanity lights work it's most likely a fuse.

The vanity lights and the universal remote lights turn on when the visor is moved towards the drivers window so it does appear to be an issue with the wiring.

Thanks for the help everyone. :)