2017 water pump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smelly_tron_9000

Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone know where I can find the location, on the motor, the water pump for:
2017 Ford Expedition 3.5 liter V6 ?

Diagram or the service manual?

Got quoted over $800.00 and change by Pep Boys!
P.S.
Anything else I should look at or replace while it's in pieces?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did the water pump on my '16 last fall, my word of advice is to be careful with the plastic turbo tubing when you remove it, I cracked one of mine, it was over $300 for a replacement and I couldn't find one used, so I used two part epoxy to repair it. Also, I did the main serpentine belt while I was at it... you're there anyway, might as well.

plumcolr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have heard of 1300 dollar repair bills on F150s which are pretty much the same. Labor to remove stuff and then put it back adds up. 8 hour (or more) job?

gregcm21

Reaction score
This must be a thing. Our 17 just got replaced two weeks ago. I started smelling coolant. Inspected but couldn't find anything. After about a week of looking under the car everyday and frequently checking the coolant reservoir, it started leaking (rather pouring on the ground). Thankfully we purchased a CPO and it was all covered by the dealer.