2018 Brake Pad Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So your saying I should wait until I hear grinding or are there some ‘0’s missing there?

Depending on the dealer, it is sound advice to double check yourself. The mileage doesn't seem too far off in this case but brakes are something dealers can get get a little something extra from uninformed people. It has become a big problem with Audi's to the point where some dealers have a reputation of premature brake replacement. If the milage was low I would request to keep the take offs to double check their work. Having non factory parts would be harder to fudge as well. All the more reason to have a good rapport with your service manager.

OP
OP
Bill Schell

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$402 out the door for both axles. I thought about asking for the old pads just to check/verify but will give them the benefit of doubt the back were truly at a "red" wear point. Now I don't need to worry about brakes for awhile.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was that for OE pads or a lesser line? That’s pretty cheap for a brake job these days. I do my own because it’s a high profit job for any shop and it’s hard to discern what quality of parts they put on.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
45,000 miles what a dream!!!! we have never made it over 25,000 on any vehicle :eek:

OP
OP
Bill Schell

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was that for OE pads or a lesser line? That’s pretty cheap for a brake job these days. I do my own because it’s a high profit job for any shop and it’s hard to discern what quality of parts they put on.

Work done at Bill Alexander Ford in Yuma using Motorcraft parts. Rotors resurfaced not replaced.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm just over 60,000 miles and still on the OE brakes. Although the rears seem to be wearing faster than the fronts (5mm rears vs 8mm in the front), and I don't exactly drive slow!

cooldude919

Reaction score
Bought 2018 used last year, around 33k miles. Pads were shot, rotors were shot, i believe the vehicle came from PA area, rust was killer on them. I took the time to clean up and respray the calipers, their factory coating was gone, went with original silver color.
Akebono for the fronts, power stop for the rears. Around $110 for the pads, and $227 for four rotors, RAYBESTOS and AC Delco. Whoever had it before me must have loved the brake pedal!!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever spent over $100 on the parts to do one axle of a car. That's only on big F350s or F-550.
Most of the time it's just a set of pads for 17.99 to 26.99. Rotors run no more than 35 a piece so normally it's in the 65 to 85 for a brake job.