2018 catback installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I try my best to do most of the maintenance and other odds and ends to my family's vehicles/toys, but this is the first time (and last time without a 6 foot minimum lift) I've ever bothered putting a catback exhaust on any 4 wheeled vehicle I've owned.

I fought with the OEM piece for quite a while, before giving up and grabbing the reciprocating saw, and shearing that monkey directly behind the muffler, close to the weld. Regret not doing it sooner. Maybe I could have removed the rear sway bar, spare tire, or ??? but that mammajamma would not come out. So to be clear, don't attempt unless you have access to a decent lift, or pay someone. Once the OEM piece was out, it was about 30 minutes to have the new one tightened up.
Pics and video link to come.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ijMQBuvrnbyQtsQRA

IMG_20181013_180856240.jpg

IMG_20181013_175659878.jpg

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
This is for the first time in a long while is co sided to NOT BE A USELSS thread, please click on the last link added just prior to the pictures to see video.

Last edited:
OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Without a sound clip..... this has gotten to be the most USELESS thread ever created on expeditionforum.com

Sound clip is in the post. Very last line.
It's 5 minutes long. Start the vehicle, with door open, close door drive out of neighborhood. WFO at about 2.20 for a block and a half.

Turn up your volume, buddy.

EDIT...Maybe I should further point out, when you click on the link, it brings up what appears to be a photo of my dash, but it's not. You have to click on the pic if your using your phone, and the clip starts.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
LoL whatever bro I'll watch your video but the link says "photo" and I didn't click it because of that very reason you'd think this guy wants to brag about his exhaust with more photos

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work, hope your happy with it. No longer a stocker. I’m sure it makes more noise judging by the muffler downsize lol.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Sound good actually... that's how ford should've designed their expedition to sound like to begin with, congrats man.

Ps. To everyone else, the video is pretty much pitch black 99.999% of the time lol but the exhaust & 5150 pops nose sniffles are all there

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LoL whatever bro I'll watch your video but the link says "photo" and I didn't click it because of that very reason you'd think this guy wants to brag about his exhaust with more photos

Wow!
Why the hostility?
Everyone shares, on forums, it's what's done. Why do you assume it's bragging? I didn't mention cost, nor brand. Bragging, eh, I have always posted a direct link of video clips from my Google account, because it's quicker, and doesn't degrade the quality like YouTube does.

Lighten up, the fellas that are removing their resonators and shoving a tailpipe in it's place are bragging too???
What about fellas with tunes?
It's to share, but I'm really starting to think there is some disconnect with the folks North of the Mason-Dixon line. Too uptight.

Last edited:
OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice work, hope your happy with it. No longer a stocker. I’m sure it makes more noise judging by the muffler downsize lol.

Yes, I wasn't expecting it to be as loud as it is.
The point of the video was too demonstrate the sound at regular cruising rpm, and wfo from inside the truck. It's unfortunate to be criticized for including a sound clip even though it's a video. That was the first time I had started it, after finishing up, and the phone rode in the cupholder once I put my seatbelt on.

It may also have been missed, but this catback exits behind the right rear tire, at a 45° angle. It was one of the reasons I bought it, much for the same reasons pointed out in the thread about removing the resonator.
Thanks for kind words.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
LoL you got the joke twisted bud, theres no hostility present, read the "edited" 2nd lost and my last post before your last reply, now tell me where do you see hostility at? But I really didn't click the link solely cause it says photos I figured it's more damn photos that shot he already posted the bragging.... well stay here long enough and you'll see how some noobs come in, ask a billion questions, brag about their shit boxes then they're never to be heard from again...

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
LoL you got the joke twisted bud, theres no hostility present, read the "edited" 2nd lost and my last post before your last reply, now tell me where do you see hostility at? But I really didn't click the link solely cause it says photos I figured it's more damn photos that shot he already posted the bragging.... well stay here long enough and you'll see how some noobs come in, ask a billion questions, brag about their shit boxes then they're never to be heard from again...
My grammar is shot to shit on the post above... sorry,

Make whatever you can out of it