2018 driver door lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Delaney

Reaction score
I am having a problem with driver door not unlocking when the temperatures are cold. Below 30F. The mirrors open, other doors open but not driver door. Once warms up it works. Anyone have this issue? Is this a door lock actuator problem??

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am having a problem with driver door not unlocking when the temperatures are cold. Below 30F. The mirrors open, other doors open but not driver door. Once warms up it works. Anyone have this issue? Is this a door lock actuator problem??

I don't know if you've gotten your latch replaced yet or not, but this is a common issue and Ford issued a TSB on the repair for dealerships to follow. Basically replace the door latch with an updated part. It seems to do with moisture getting into the latch and causing the micro switch to freeze up.

https://ford.oemdtc.com/6948/diffic...s-2018-2019-ford-expedition-lincoln-navigator