2018 Expedition Platinum Rear A/C Evaporator leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

youngkicker

Reaction score
I have around 35k miles on this car and i'm told the rear A/C Evaporator needs replacement after we weren't getting cold air anymore. I've been told by many dealers that there is a national back order on the rear evaporator part. I've also heard from all i've called that there seems to be a lot of these going out lately needing replacement. Does anyone know of an issue with this? I heard on a video online a guy was saying there was a bulletin put out on the rear A/C units of 2018 Expeditions for certain time they were built. Also looking to see what a fair price to replace this would cost. i'm receiving quotes for around $2200

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have around 35k miles on this car and i'm told the rear A/C Evaporator needs replacement after we weren't getting cold air anymore. I've been told by many dealers that there is a national back order on the rear evaporator part. I've also heard from all i've called that there seems to be a lot of these going out lately needing replacement. Does anyone know of an issue with this? I heard on a video online a guy was saying there was a bulletin put out on the rear A/C units of 2018 Expeditions for certain time they were built. Also looking to see what a fair price to replace this would cost. i'm receiving quotes for around $2200

Ford issued a TSB for the a/c system (not just rear evaporator) due to contamination from the factory.

It involved replacing numerous components.

This issue has been discussed on this forum and there are posts which include the TSB. You may want to do a search.

The TSB involved specific vehicles built during an identified time period.

Here it is: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10189756-0001.pdf

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire