2018 Expo VS 2021 Tahoe test drive.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Chevy version looks so retarded with the touch screen thrown on top of the dash like they forgot to include it. Its the stupidest thing I've ever seen. At least GMC planned their dash around their scree, like Ford did as well. I'll take the Ford dash over the I-pad on top of the Chevy anyday.

KJ-Idaho

Reaction score
Yeah he liked it

I like the Tahoe styling, especially with the black out treatment. But, THAT is not available on the High country. And, for now, you can’t get air suspension on non-high country models, no locker, and I am sure some other goodies.

Sadly (or happily) Style alone is not a reason to buy a rig. I went to a dealership and sat in the new Tahoe. I felt closed in. The egress for my feet felt tight. The second row seat felt tighter than Expy. Space behind the third row is on par with the reviews, and I do like the full fold capability of the second row seats.

it has also been good to hear about first-hand experience with the 6.2 motor. The smaller engine wouldn’t cut it. And, I hate hearing an engine work so hard to put the power down.

I am very satisfied with my Magnetic 2019 platinum, 5star tuned, 17” black-wheel expedition. It is quiet, effortlessly powerful, and well appointed: it massages and heats/cools my wife’s back and bum, and the powered steps help her up. I am her hero.

Just looking to tastefully further blacken the chrome.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll be glad when some of the guys on here go and buy one of the new gm rigs so they will go have a circle jerk on a gm site.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll be glad when some of the guys on here go and buy one of the new gm rigs so they will go have a circle jerk on a gm site.

They’re the only thing keeping it from happening here lol

Though I’d say GM sites are even more fanboi centric than ford sites.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I felt the Yukon advanced ride system was better also. I think its quieter interior than my 2019 Plat

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I felt the Yukon advanced ride system was better also. I think its quieter interior than my 2019 Plat

Absolutely NO WAY was it quieter. It was a fn racket anytime you touched the throttle. Sure on the highway its fairly quiet if you can get over that mammoth size noise maker under the hood.

Watch the TFL videos and they show the DB meter while towing and the Suburban was 4-5 DB higher than the Expedition and they aren't kidding!

Proud Okie

Reaction score
My wife is looking at a large SUV, and we almost bought a 2nd Expedition this week. I told her that the new GM stuff was being released real soon and that I wanted to at least drive one to know we weren't making a mistake.
So yesterday we found a 2021 Tahoe High Country to test drive. The suburbans aren't out yet, but we would consider buying the Suburban or Denali XL length.

First off, I'm keeping my 2018 expedition, because I really like it. This would be a second vehicle purchase.

On the test drive, I found very few differences that amounted to much. Both vehicles were very similar, but one thing stood out like a sore thumb, the REAR SUSPENSION. My Expedition with CCD leans horribly left and right on driveway approaches and offsets in the roads. This GM didn't do that AT ALL. I was soooooo impressed, and my wife was blown away.
The 6.2L is LAZYYYYYY. We drove it in town, so we couldn't get it revved to the moon where it makes its power. My 3.5L would smoke it in town, hands down no question.

After thinking, we are probably buying a new GM simply because it rides so much more comfortable on the offsets and irregular roads. I still love my Expedition, but it annoys me on how much side to side jostling it offers the passengers on weird road surfaces. I drive a lot of backroads that are rough and it gets frustrating trying not to slam your head into the side windows on real rough sections. My addition of the aftermarket rear sway bar helped this rear sway movement a TON, but its not 100% solved.

Anyway, I just thought this was worth posting and I'm not looking for any bashing comments toward either vehicle as they are both excellent choices.

I haven't driven a 2021 GM product yet. We recently drove a 2020 Cadillac Escalade extended with 5000 miles. a rental while we were in Utah. I drive a 2019 stealth exp and wife drives a 2018 Lincoln Navigator. we weren't impressed with it. I like my ride better and it is nowhere near the '18 Navigator. Again haven't driven the 2021 yet. Im sure they're nice though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50