2018 ford expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hopefully they go all out with the navi...it hasnt been competetive since 06. Also i hope they low ball it like they usually do. Everytime a new navi drops, either its not polished or vastly under competitive. Now its just a bargain egomobile, it does nothing better than the other lux utes. Hopefully they bring back the 2nd gen looks, 05-06 pearl navi premium edition to this day is the most gorgeous suv ive laid eyes on.

pohoda

Reaction score
How about a diesel option with an SAE rated HD towing package e.g. built trany with huge cooler, 9" diff, etc.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also would like them to add an appearance package as well, i shouldnt have to get the platinum or limited editions. If u dont need all the features but want the looks it be perfect. They took away with the new trucks, hopefully not with the new expy.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How about a diesel option with an SAE rated HD towing package e.g. built trany with huge cooler, 9" diff, etc.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

You want them to downsize the rear axle? :think: Right now the 6R80 is more then enough for the expedition. Have you seen how much power the mustang guys are cranking out with them?

pohoda

Reaction score
You want them to downsize the rear axle? :think: Right now the 6R80 is more then enough for the expedition. Have you seen how much power the mustang guys are cranking out with them?

Not sure how you read my post to mean downsize the drivetrain. I only have a 2005 Expy with the towing package so I am coming from that perspective with the 4R75E tranny that is not known to be reliable and requires frequent maintenance to keep in running smooth. If the 6R80 is already beefy enough I was not aware of that. For towing it is more about cooling than being able to hold up to big horsepower so I would hope the towing package would include a very large cooler that would keep tranny temps at or under 200F on long grades. As for the 8.8 IFS diff I do not know how they hold up in towing, but would hope they would at least add oil capacity and better cooling if they had an HD version especially with the added torque that a diesel would produce.

Overall for those of us that use their Expy's for towing it would be good to have an option that had true SAE compliant ratings for 9,000-10,000lb trailers. Since there is no Excursion anymore this would be a welcome addition IMHO.

-Paul