2018 LED aftermarket assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DukeandDarla

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m sure this has been discussed at some point… but does anyone know of any aftermarket headlight LED assemblies? For an 18’ expy max limited with OEM LED. Too expensive to replace with dealer.

Thanks

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m sure this has been discussed at some point… but does anyone know of any aftermarket headlight LED assemblies? For an 18’ expy max limited with OEM LED. Too expensive to replace with dealer.

Thanks
Have you tried a junk yard? I personally don't like aftermarket headlight/taillight assemblies because they are usually crap and look cheesy.

18MaxLimited

Reaction score
I looked around for a while to upgrade our original Max Limited halogens - couldn't find a decent LED housing setup.

I wanted more than just swapping in LED bulbs, so I ended up converting them to the factory LEDs. With patience and diligence, I found a new condition set for about $850. If you need just one side and junkyards aren't your thing or are not available in your area, eBay regularly has single-side headlights listed all the time. I will add, however, removing/installing the headlight housing is much more involved than your typical headlight replacement on other cars.

OP
OP
DukeandDarla

DukeandDarla

Reaction score
I looked around for a while to upgrade our original Max Limited halogens - couldn't find a decent LED housing setup.

I wanted more than just swapping in LED bulbs, so I ended up converting them to the factory LEDs. With patience and diligence, I found a new condition set for about $850. If you need just one side and junkyards aren't your thing or are not available in your area, eBay regularly has single-side headlights listed all the time. I will add, however, removing/installing the headlight housing is much more involved than your typical headlight replacement on other cars.
I have looked at EBay. $850 for a set is good. How long did it take you to install? Aside from converting?

OP
OP
DukeandDarla

DukeandDarla

Reaction score
Have you tried a junk yard? I personally don't like aftermarket headlight/taillight assemblies because they are usually crap and look cheesy.
No I haven’t. I’m picky with that stuff too because they often look cheesy. I haven’t seen any aftermarket setups as of yet.

18MaxLimited

Reaction score
I have looked at EBay. $850 for a set is good. How long did it take you to install? Aside from converting?
Removing the original halogen headlamps and installing the new LED headlamps is the majority of the job. You have to remove the grill and front bumper cover. It's not hard, just tedious. Otherwise, that's the whole conversion. All that's left is basically a wire harness that you plug into the box under the passenger side footwell and some small changes in Forscan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DukeandDarla

DukeandDarla

Reaction score
Removing the original halogen headlamps and installing the new LED headlamps is the majority of the job. You have to remove the grill and front bumper cover. It's not hard, just tedious. Otherwise, that's the whole conversion. All that's left is basically a wire harness that you plug into the box under the passenger side footwell and some small changes in Forscan.
Okay, thanks for the info!

DavidC

Reaction score
So I can't just change out the halogen bulbs for LED bulbs and have this work? The mechanic did this and light shines out. The highbeams look great, but there's a funny dim rectangle in the center when I use low beams.

Attachments

• IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 3