2018 Leveled Expedition w/ 34's (Readylift)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

street3285

Reaction score
I know there are plenty of threads on leveling out the 4th Gen Expeditions, and this forum has been a great help. In regards to that, I wanted to post mine that I recently leveled out, in hopes to maybe help the next guy with more info. I know everyone does theirs a little different.

I only installed the front leveling kit, as I like a little (very little) front rake to my trucks. Plus, I didn't;t care for how the rear tire swung forward and looked mis-aligned in the rear. Now it still looks centered.

I trimmed the front liner (pulled it forward) and re-attached using the same 3 mounting points. I just drilled new holes in the liners, so it all bolts in like factory, but just pulled forward some. At the back of the front fender well, I didn't have to do anything technically. However, I pulled the cap off the auto running boards, trimmed 1/2" and then re-attached the cap.

I do have center caps, but they are flat, and the rear axle stud sticks out too far. Have to maybe machine a custom cap with a small raise. I like the flat caps and wish they would fit, but try to make something short that works in there.

Here is the run down.

2018 Expedition Limited
Ready Lift 3" Front Lift (I did not install the rear lift)
305/70/17 (33.8" Tall)
KMC Forged KM446 in Machined
17x8.5 w/ 0 Offset (4.75" Backspace)

Attachments

• IMG_7773.jpeg
    IMG_7773.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_7775.jpeg
    IMG_7775.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_7776.jpeg
    IMG_7776.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7777.jpeg
    IMG_7777.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 135

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cut the axle stud, bout a quarter to half of an inch. I measured mine with a caliper and cut them with a sawzall and a bunch of blades. Fits my F150 rims nicely with the center caps.

PXL_20221008_190535426-L.jpg

OP
OP
S

street3285

Reaction score
That was my initial thought, but I guess I just felt odd cutting off the ends, but there is a lot protruding past. I will see if that will work, as it seems it would have to be cut about flush with the but. Of course, as you mentioned, a caliper will tell me that for sure.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know there are plenty of threads on leveling out the 4th Gen Expeditions, and this forum has been a great help. In regards to that, I wanted to post mine that I recently leveled out, in hopes to maybe help the next guy with more info. I know everyone does theirs a little different.

I only installed the front leveling kit, as I like a little (very little) front rake to my trucks. Plus, I didn't;t care for how the rear tire swung forward and looked mis-aligned in the rear. Now it still looks centered.

I trimmed the front liner (pulled it forward) and re-attached using the same 3 mounting points. I just drilled new holes in the liners, so it all bolts in like factory, but just pulled forward some. At the back of the front fender well, I didn't have to do anything technically. However, I pulled the cap off the auto running boards, trimmed 1/2" and then re-attached the cap.

I do have center caps, but they are flat, and the rear axle stud sticks out too far. Have to maybe machine a custom cap with a small raise. I like the flat caps and wish they would fit, but try to make something short that works in there.

Here is the run down.

2018 Expedition Limited
305/70/17 (33.8" Tall)
Ig looks good!

RABAYL01

Reaction score

Here is the run down.

2018 Expedition Limited
305/70/17 (33.8" Tall)

Thanks for the post! the 17" wheels fit ok I assume? I can't decide between 17 or 20 as I am set on VenomRex Wheels

tacoduck

Reaction score
How does it ride with the lift? Any sacrifice in ride quality? Truck looks great with that wheel/tire combo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357