2018 Limited Max - Backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave G

Reaction score
Just bought a used Limited Max and can't figure why there are no lines on the backup camera display. Tried following the manual on how to turn on rear park assist, but I don't seem to have that menu. Seems strange to me since it is a limited and on my 2015 F-150 Lariat, I have the lines and "turning" lines on the back-up camera. Any help appreciated.

William Tucker

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't tell you how but I can tell you that my 2018 Limited does indeed have the warning lines (green, yellow & red) as well as the directional lines on my backup camera

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On sync 1 it's just a button under the display, but never seen the Ford lines curve. Even on a limited.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’re on the right track as it’s the Rear Park Aid. And you have confirmation that Limiteds have it. If you don’t have that page maybe Ford accidentally gave you an XLT dash? It wouldn’t be unheard of as someone on here got the wrong center stack panel. And someone else got the wrong rear seat control panel (although that was from the service department).

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Back up cameras without lines are pretty much pointless.
My 16 XLT has them it makes no sense they would not have them on any model.

Our 2012 Highlander does not have them and it is annoying.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
18s have directional guidelines(they follow the steering wheel input). Is yours zoomed in, they disappear when your zoomed in

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll add that my '19 Limited also has the movable, parallel guidelines with dashed center line. To expand the subject slightly...I'm concerned that, at night in the dark, the screen image from the reverse camera is not as "bright" or as "sharp" as the other newer Fords I've driven lately. Where the brightness on others is enhanced, mine has a fuzzy image with sepia tint much like the output of sodium vapor lights. Does anyone else's backup camera act like this?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll add that my '19 Limited also has the movable, parallel guidelines with dashed center line. To expand the subject slightly...I'm concerned that, at night in the dark, the screen image from the reverse camera is not as "bright" or as "sharp" as the other newer Fords I've driven lately. Where the brightness on others is enhanced, mine has a fuzzy image with sepia tint much like the output of sodium vapor lights. Does anyone else's backup camera act like this?

Try adding LED reverse lights and license plate lights. The more light the better the camera image.
I added LED reverse lights to my 2016 and there is not much difference between Day and night.