2018 Ltd or 2021 Ltd, which would you choose?

As spec'd, which of these 2 would you choose?

• '18

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • '21

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mpc11

Reaction score
Ford's camera's are very low resolution compared to GM and Ram. That has been corrected with Sync 4 however.
Do you know if the rear backup camera on the '18 and '21 are the same?

Had a '21 Edge w/ sync 4 as a loaner (cam phasers and VCT solenoids replacement) and that backup camera looked a lot worse than my '18 Expedition's rear camera.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you know if the rear backup camera on the '18 and '21 are the same?

Had a '21 Edge w/ sync 4 as a loaner (cam phasers and VCT solenoids replacement) and that backup camera looked a lot worse than my '18 Expedition's rear camera.
It's actually not the camera itself it's the Sync 3 display screen. So 18-21 would be the same thing. Not sure why that Edge with Sync 4 wouldn't have a great camera image. My son's 21 F150 is very high res.

WebbGem

Reaction score
I just bought a '21 XLT and was disappointed with not having a 10-way passenger seat. Does anyone know if I can order a 2020 10-way passenger seat for my brand new expy?

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd opt for the 21. It comes with a warranty. The tires aren't that big a deal also the engine cover is nothing.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am sort of guessing the lack of the 10 way seat is an availability issue. So, trying to find a new one is probably not gonna happen right now. I was looking at trucks with my dad and they had all sorts of weird things that they weren't offering due to availability. (eg. no spray in bed liner only the drop in plastic available).

Also, if you want a nicer ride on the dirt roads ditch the big wheels and go with the 18's like on the xlt and your dirt road ride with improve drastically. I don't use the expy like a race car so I prefer the 18" wheels on it. I know some like the road handling of the bigger wheels but I find the tradeoff more than acceptable.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
10 way passengers seats went away in the expy startin im 2020. They are only 8 way now, to include 2022s.