2018 Platinum vs Navigator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nik2k

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of an easy way to see the difference in options between 2018 Expy Platinum vs various trims of 2018 Navigator? A table of some sort anywhere?

Platinum cost is comparable to the Navigator and I don't want to pull the trigger for Platinum and then discover that for a couple more thousand I could've gotten a Navigator with all the same options.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of an easy way to see the difference in options between 2018 Expy Platinum vs various trims of 2018 Navigator? A table of some sort anywhere?

Platinum cost is comparable to the Navigator and I don't want to pull the trigger for Platinum and then discover that for a couple more thousand I could've gotten a Navigator with all the same options.
I got the order sheets for both vehicles, they are probably posted somewhere on this forum it the blue oval forum... I don’t remember which. They are multi page PDFs that list every single option for each trim level, I went through with a highlighter and went through them. I can post them when I get behind a computer if you don’t find them. For what it’s worth I went down this road and we decided on the Navigator Reserve. Xplan pricing was a big help with the extra cost. The Lincoln xplan cost was the same as the Expy regular cost more or less.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your best bet is to dual screen the build and price or order guides. They have many of the same features, just different variations of them. Also, if you do inventory search, you can see the dealer orders and how the price stacks with options. Navigator does have some exclusive features, but your mainly paying for the material and build of the vehicle. A good way to think about the pricing and model comparison is this:

Expy max starts at 72k and is pretty much fully loaded. Though fully loaded, some things arent available in the expy thats in the navi like lthr all three rows, the heads up dis unit, sec row console(w/ sunroof ctrl), and the lincoln concierge service.

The navi reserve starts at 74k and it excludes heated and cooled seats, sunroof, drivers assist pkg, 30 way massage seats, ccd, 360 camera etc. Even steeping up to the select model is still missing those features std except the ccd(thats right, cooled seats is an option even on the select). The above features are std on reserve model, but they come with a 86k price tag.

Honestly, if your even considering an expy the plat is outfitted like a luxury vehicle. You can load up a limited model and save yourself 5 or 6k if your judicious with the options. If you rele dont want the trucky interior look the navi select is very much the value as you can option it with all available features, though the price will reflect this. The interior alone is worth the upgrade though. Hope that information helps

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I have attached the order guides for both vehicles. As mentioned by dlcorbett the ventilated seats are not offered on the Navigator until you get to the Reserve trim level. A couple of things to note that are not mentioned on these attachments. 1: the Lincoln has a longer warranty (basic 4 yr/50K. power train 6 yr/70k) vs the Ford (basic 3 yr/36k. power train 5 yr/60k). 2. Lincoln will come to you for service and take your vehicle and leave you a loaner of equal or greater value. Not sure what this is worth to you but it is worth mentioning. Let me know if you have any other questions as I spent a few hours on the fence on this but i feel like the extra money was worth it for our needs but everyone's budget is different.

Attachments

• 2018 Lincoln Navigator Order Guide.pdf
    195.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 2018 Expedition Order Guide.pdf
    393.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2018 Expedition Order Guide.pdf
    393.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 2018 Lincoln Navigator Order Guide.pdf
    195.9 KB · Views: 20

kilikkun

Reaction score
I got the order sheets for both vehicles, they are probably posted somewhere on this forum it the blue oval forum... I don’t remember which. They are multi page PDFs that list every single option for each trim level, I went through with a highlighter and went through them. I can post them when I get behind a computer if you don’t find them. For what it’s worth I went down this road and we decided on the Navigator Reserve. Xplan pricing was a big help with the extra cost. The Lincoln xplan cost was the same as the Expy regular cost more or less.
Hi Artie, I am looking to order a Navigator Reserve L. What is the "Xplan" pricing you are referring to? I have spoken with multiple dealers and they all say the same thing regarding discounts/incentives: "We won't know anything until closer to the delivery date of the vehicles".

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Artie, I am looking to order a Navigator Reserve L. What is the "Xplan" pricing you are referring to? I have spoken with multiple dealers and they all say the same thing regarding discounts/incentives: "We won't know anything until closer to the delivery date of the vehicles".
Xplan pricing is offered through different means (membership to clubs like mustang club of America, and many others as well. Google it.) that gives you a price based on a formula (explained at this link: https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm) that is below MSRP, going this route means you skip the typical haggling part of the deal. My price came in at $6k less than MSRP, I hate to haggle so I was happy with this. As for incentives, my Lincoln salesman said they still didn’t have any on the Continental and it had been out for a while so I shouldn’t expect any on the ‘18 Navigator. As for Ford I couldn’t comment on their incentives.

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My DW's '13 then new King Ranch was our 4th Expy. She really wanted the Nav. Interiors are nicer. But I couldn't get my head into paying more for a butt ugly car!

No offense to Nav owners. As they say, beauty is in the eye...

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My DW's '13 then new King Ranch was our 4th Expy. She really wanted the Nav. Interiors are nicer. But I couldn't get my head into paying more for a butt ugly car!

No offense to Nav owners. As they say, beauty is in the eye...
I agree with you on the appearance of the last couple years of Navigator. The 2013 was an an attempt at retro styling I think where they pulled from the ‘63/64 year model grill, I don’t mind that one as much as the next (2015-2017) few years. They look like angry bird beaks or something. I think the 2018 is a nice departure from previous models which is a good call for a complete resdesign. I like the direction they are taking the Lincoln exteriors.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You were happy with a 6K discount from MSRP? Wow......I got OUT THE DOOR for 13K less than MSRP. I'm really NOT trying to be a dick, just trying to give you a "heads up" that you can do far better if you so choose....it's your money and your truck and it's your business....I just hate seeing anyone get taken for a ride.........

jeff

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You were happy with a 6K discount from MSRP? Wow......I got OUT THE DOOR for 13K less than MSRP. I'm really NOT trying to be a dick, just trying to give you a "heads up" that you can do far better if you so choose....it's your money and your truck and it's your business....I just hate seeing anyone get taken for a ride.........

jeff
The different dealers we spoke too weren’t willing to budge, apparently there has been decent demand for the Navigators in my area. We had a budget and stayed under so we were happy. We are in a position where we need to replace our current car desperately so waiting until spring or summer for more favorable negotiations isn’t in the cards for us. Congrats an your negotiating skills though, too bad I didn’t have you handle our deal lol.