2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all. Second Gen owner here. Just thought I would drop my two cents.

I personally think that the 4th Gen Expy is FUGLY and don't even get me started on the Navigator. I love the look of the second gen and I am still up in the air on the 3rd Gens.

I think Ford is trying way to hard to compete with (look like) the new Caddilac SUV's. The Expedition in my mind is no longer a versitle very capable on and off road truck. To me todays Expedition is a way overpriced luxury family vehicle.

I am curious if any of you that have poped for the $90.000 (I could buy a house with that kind of money and still have some left over. Can't live in the Navigator) Navigators would purposely take them off road and cover them from tire to roof in mud? I doubt it.

And why the hell spend that kind of money on a Ford in the first place? You could get a whole lot more bang and quality for your buck elsewhere.

No offense, just saying.

Thanks for your fantastic contribution.

Flexpy19

Reaction score
Thanks for your fantastic contribution.
I’ve noticed that some of the 2nd/3rd gen owners are very critical of the 4th gen trucks. What’s interesting is I haven’t seen any of the 4th gen owners dropping in on their thread to say their older Expy’s suck. This is a thread to view new owner’s trucks. I can purchase any vehicle I want, and if I choose to spend $80k on a Ford, it would be to purchase an SUV that is highly acclaimed, looks good (IMHO) and goes a little under the radar compared to everyone else’s Range Rover. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but maybe post it on a thread more relevant to that opinion than the owner photo page, right?

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll tell you this. I wanted a caddy, and after driving everything under the sun, the Gator won. However with kids and a dog, we opted for the “cheaper” version and got an Expy

The other manufacturers vehicles weren’t even close.

What’s that mean? The first and second gen Expy is better than even a new caddy!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I personally think that the 4th Gen Expy is FUGLY and don't even get me started on the Navigator. I love the look of the second gen and I am still up in the air on the 3rd Gens.

I think Ford is trying way to hard to compete with (look like) the new Caddilac SUV's. The Expedition in my mind is no longer a versitle very capable on and off road truck. To me todays Expedition is a way overpriced luxury family vehicle.

I am curious if any of you that have poped for the $90.000 (I could buy a house with that kind of money and still have some left over. Can't live in the Navigator) Navigators would purposely take them off road and cover them from tire to roof in mud? I doubt it.

And why the hell spend that kind of money on a Ford in the first place? You could get a whole lot more bang and quality for your buck elsewhere.

No offense, just saying.
1.Um, I own the Navigator and I have taken it off road a few times.
2. $90k mobile home trailer isn’t really a thing I’d call a house but your standards are clearly below mine.
3. Why did you come in here and troll? You added nothing to the convo other than embarrassing yourself. I really don’t understand why you would think we would find it at all important or relevant to this thread of pictures of new 4th gens that you a)own a second gen and b)feel like we would want to hear your opinion on anything. If we were at all curious we all know where the 2nd gen section is and how to post on this forum so unless you see that question posted over there please don’t talk while the grown folks are talking. Thanks.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score

No offense, just saying.

Please name a competitor to the expedition that gives more bang for the buck and higher quality.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Apparently the 2nd and 3rd gen expys are more bang for the buck than the 4th.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do think the Denali looks better on the outside, but what really matters is what you use and see inside. The space alone is what makes the Expy much better.