2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's my new 2018 Limited 302A (had dealer swap for 20" wheels), RES, Trailer Tow Package. Updates include tinted front windows, Weathertech mudflaps, trimmed front air dam, paint film (hood, front fenders, A pillars, front of roof, bumper), paint correction & ceramic coating on entire vehicle, replaced stock Toyos with Michelin Defender LTX M/S.

View attachment 28115

Very nice!

DD777

Reaction score
Here's my new 2018 Limited 302A (had dealer swap for 20" wheels), RES, Trailer Tow Package. Updates include tinted front windows, Weathertech mudflaps, trimmed front air dam, paint film (hood, front fenders, A pillars, front of roof, bumper), paint correction & ceramic coating on entire vehicle, replaced stock Toyos with Michelin Defender LTX M/S.

View attachment 28115

Very nice! What exactly is paint correction as I have heard that referenced a lot on this forum? Also, is the ceramic coating the clear coating they apply that helps against stains, water spots etc?

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very nice! What exactly is paint correction as I have heard that referenced a lot on this forum? Also, is the ceramic coating the clear coating they apply that helps against stains, water spots etc?

The term "paint correction" is used to describe the process of buffing and polishing all of the surface imperfections off of the clear coat. This is typically done prior to installing paint protection film or a ceramic coating to ensure the best results. Ceramic coating helps protect against new swirl marks in the clear coat since it's a very hard finish and also causes the water to bead up. Think of a ceramic coating like a long term wax that is much more durable and can last up to 5 years depending on the product/application. My guy uses Modesta BC-04 for the ceramic coating http://www.modesta.co/index.html and he installed the ceramic coating on the entire vehicle (including on top of the areas with paint protection film).

See the link below for a better description on paint correction.

http://www.carcleaningguru.com/what-is-paint-correction/

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See Scottdm’s response, he’s spot on. I got paint correction GTECHNIQ ceramic coating within a week of delivery and I was surprised at the difference. A brand new car will have paint issues and depending on the color some will look worse than others. If you are getting a darker color swirl marks will be your biggest issue and a coating will limit that greatly. The biggest difference I notice with the coating is how much easier washing is, bug and far literally wipe right off and since I got my wheels done as well they are a breeze to keep clean, which is great because I have those Navigator turbine wheels. It’s not cheap but construe cost of my Navigator and my plans to keep it for 8-10 years I am glad I spent the money.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See Scottdm’s response, he’s spot on. I got paint correction GTECHNIQ ceramic coating within a week of delivery and I was surprised at the difference. A brand new car will have paint issues and depending on the color some will look worse than others. If you are getting a darker color swirl marks will be your biggest issue and a coating will limit that greatly. The biggest difference I notice with the coating is how much easier washing is, bug and far literally wipe right off and since I got my wheels done as well they are a breeze to keep clean, which is great because I have those Navigator turbine wheels. It’s not cheap but construe cost of my Navigator and my plans to keep it for 8-10 years I am glad I spent the money.

This is my first vehicle with ceramic coating and paint protection film, so I'll be interested to see how it holds up long term. Supposedly my ceramic coating has a 5 year warranty, and can be refreshed/reapplied in the future if needed. I also had my wheels done so hoping it makes it easier to clean the brake dust, etc. The Suntek Ultra paint protection film that I got has a 10 year warranty, so hopefully I'll still have my Expedition in 10 years.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is my first vehicle with ceramic coating and paint protection film, so I'll be interested to see how it holds up long term. Supposedly my ceramic coating has a 5 year warranty, and can be refreshed/reapplied in the future if needed. I also had my wheels done so hoping it makes it easier to clean the brake dust, etc. The Suntek Ultra paint protection film that I got has a 10 year warranty, so hopefully I'll still have my Expedition in 10 years.
The installer who did my ceramic said I should do a reapply annually so I get that plus a serious detail and it’s $250 annually. I don’t think that’s very expensive given the ease at keeping it clean. I got some film in a couple places only, in the door sills, down the running boards, and around the rear trim where spinning the tires would likely cause paint issues. Mine looks as good as new when I wash it except for one tiny scratch I did and a little curb rash on a wheel I also did.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"When they go low, we go high"

Anyways, forgot to post mine here, a work in progress. Merry Xmas folks.

View attachment 28038

Wow! Remind me what size wheels are those? And what kind of tires? I think you posted this before but. It sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: