2019 - biggest tire size ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denis_xlt 4x4

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just got a 2019 xlt 4x4 which I really love and would like to change the wheel and tire set up for better and harder offroad driving.

It's currently running 275/55/r20s and would like to go to a 275/70/r18. So just 5% higher tire wall wise when compared to the fx4 standard wheel size.

Therefore would this cause any rubbing issues ? Also what is the largest tire size that can be fitted without having dramas with rubbing etc?

Thank you in advance :)

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm running the factory Raptor setup so 315/70R17s. I'm getting some rubbing while turning on the front liners. I haven't done any trimming and training of the liners so I'm confident I can get most of it out. When I get to it I'll post my findings, most likely in the Raptor wheel thread. Up front width wise it's just about perfect. If you really crank it you can just make them kiss the frame but just barely.

The rears are fine, I did the Ryan zip tie mod before installing so I don't know if it was 100% necessary but it's definitely closer to the front than the rear where the zip ties are. I checked at full droop and there were no issues. I have yet to fully stuff but I think they will be good as the tire moves towards the back as it compresses.

Keep in mind the raptor wheels are a touch inward compared to Expis...

20200723_101905.jpg

20200723_101758.jpg

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Zip tie Mod? I missed that...was probably to busy having an Ethanol or V8 discussion...

Really like the looks of those tires.

Greg Parker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just got a 2019 xlt 4x4 which I really love and would like to change the wheel and tire set up for better and harder offroad driving.

It's currently running 275/55/r20s and would like to go to a 275/70/r18. So just 5% higher tire wall wise when compared to the fx4 standard wheel size.

Therefore would this cause any rubbing issues ? Also what is the largest tire size that can be fitted without having dramas with rubbing etc?

Thank you in advance :)

I think most of the "factory tires" end-up being 32" diameter, fully inflated. You might be able to squeeze a 32.5" diameter tire in there, but I'm not sure I'd go much bigger without one of these "Ready Lift" (or similar) strut spacers (usually under $500). Ready Lift claims that on "non-Platinum models" you can get 35" tires with their front & rear spacers, and 33" on the Platinums. The only real alternative to that is a set of $5K shocks that do the same (ICON shock lift-kit), but add a new UCA to address geometry issues that can occur without.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just full lock, I have to go on a search for a ramp... But if you look in the picture you can see the liner actually has more room up top. I feel like if I can get 1/4in or so down low that will be good. I cycled the suspension straight and the liners are still there so thats a start. Ha

OP
OP
D

Denis_xlt 4x4

Reaction score
thanks a lot for the info gents. quick question @utmeep regarding the bilstein shocks and lift, is there a complete set that i can get? that is because i did not see one including the rear spring as well. thanks a lot in advance