2019 ford expedition headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhechtkopf

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a 2019 ford expedition max limited. My passenger side led headlight has turned purple. Dealer wants to charge way too much to replace. The LED that kinda circles the headlight is what’s purple. Anyone have this issue or know an easy way to fix it? Thank you for any help! IMG_9877.jpegIMG_9875.jpegIMG_9877.jpegIMG_9875.jpeg

Last edited:

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow those are expensive light assemblies. I'd be looking at salvage yards if it must be replaced. I'd try a rather high end OBDII scanner or ForScan to see what you might find. That's all I can off for troubleshooting.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LED strip is failing, this is a non repairable part. You’ll need to purchase an entire headlight housing to fix the issue. Look at salvage yards if you want to save a buck as new units cost over $1,000 to replace from a dealer…

OP
OP
M

mhechtkopf

Reaction score
Ok thank you. Yeah that’s what I’ve seen and read. And of course the premium extended warranty doesn’t cover headlights. Thanks for the help!

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems to be common on the passenger side, as I've read where a lot of owners, including me experience, faded, weak and discolored headlight halo. Luckily, I caught mine right before I closed the deal and made the dealer replace it.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem to be any type of fix other than replace! So annoying
I was afraid this would be the result, because the dealer was really adamant about not replacing my passenger headlight, because of the $1000+ part and added labor. I basically said I don't want the vehicle if the light doesn't get replaced. Hopefully you can send the part back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire