2019 Ford Expedition MAX VCT unit replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theresab

Reaction score
I had my VCT unit replaced recently now my check engine light keeps coming on. The dealer thought it was the selonoid and recycled 20 times as directed in literature. The light is back on again. Does anyone have any thoughts?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my VCT unit replaced recently now my check engine light keeps coming on. The dealer thought it was the selonoid and recycled 20 times as directed in literature. The light is back on again. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Is the vehicle under warranty, or did you pay out-of-pocket?

I would return the vehicle to the dealer and insist that it be repaired properly. There has to be one or more stored trouble codes that should point the technician (I use that term loosely) in the right direction.

OP
OP
T

Theresab

Reaction score
Yes, I'm still under warranty. I'm actually sitting at the dealership as we speak! The technician keeps telling me the light has to be on or there isn't much they can do. The light was on yesterday and this morning when I started her up. Of course the light goes out on my way here.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I'm still under warranty. I'm actually sitting at the dealership as we speak! The technician keeps telling me the light has to be on or there isn't much they can do. The light was on yesterday and this morning when I started her up. Of course the light goes out on my way here.

Unless the battery was disconnected (erasing the stored trouble codes) - there still should be one or more stored trouble codes.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

What was the resolution?

OP
OP
T

Theresab

Reaction score
the solenoid was replaced and the light has not come on again, fingers crossed!