2019 Ford Limited with CCD blown strut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrekEE

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Expedition limited with CCD and have a blow strut. Service ordered the part in early July. I called them back and the item is still on back order and Ford is telling them that there is no expected ETA on the part.

This car has 14k miles, used for local drives only with very easy driving.

I have heard of non CCD Expeditions having strut issues but not on the CCD's.

We have been driving on this for 2 months already and will probably have to wait a couple more months.

Anyone having the same issues?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are the first I have heard of in the Gen 4 forum. Did it give you any codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another guy on here had this happen to him, but they fixed it within a week. At first they couldnt find the problem.

OP
OP
W

WrekEE

Reaction score
You are the first I have heard of in the Gen 4 forum. Did it give you any codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No codes...just felt vibration in the pedals and left side. During oil change, they noticed the strut was leaking

Elvis Lives

Reaction score
I just had to take our 2019 Ford Expedition Max Limited to the dealer today due to what seems to be a blown strut on the front driver side. We have 34,000 miles on it, and the vehicle has only seen regular highway use (with no accidents or unregular use. The vehicle looks new). The dealer service guy at Citrus Ford in Ontario CA. told me "it will be at least a couple of days in the shop, due to their extreme back-log of vehicles in the shop, and they will see if it will be covered by the warranty, since we don't know if it might of been caused by dirt getting in there." That is what he told me, and they have to put an initial $171.40 diagnosis fee on the invoice, in case its not a warranty issue. I can't believe that this is how they train their service guys! Once it is fixed, which I expect Ford to fully cover since it is still under the bumper to bumper warranty, I think I will find another Ford Dealership with better customer service. After all the posts on strut issues on these Expeditions, why is the recall taking so long, oh wait I answered my own question, the failure of Big Business to do the right thing.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, i'm having massive issues getting ford to do warranty work, and parts delays are absurd, going weeks beyond "delivery" dates Ford is giving their dealers parts departments. I'm sure like everything they will blame it all on Covid, but to me it really feels like Ford is falling apart. When I spent most of year researching my expy and Ford before buying, I definitely didn't see this many issues. seems like the last 12-15 months have gone downhill fast.