2019 - opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpf903

Reaction score
Looking to replace my 2015 EL with a 2019 MAX.

What's good and what's bad that comes with the new model

Thanks

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have an 18 model Max and the 19s are basically the same. The newer sync 3 works really well and is easy to navigate through. Apple/Android car play is nice if you want to use Waze or listen to Spotify/Pandora/Amazon Prime music, etc. The charging pad for the phones would be my only complaint. It’s in a place that makes it difficult for your phone to fit especially if you have a plus phone with a Otter Box case. It will work but takes time to position your phone on the pad. This is our first new Ford in many years and I am more than happy with the overall performance and design of our Expy. You should love the 19 for sure.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dont have a max, also have an 18. Here are my pros and cons in regards to my 09 nav which isnt 2 far from your 15 expy:

Pros- interior packaging and utility is far superior to the old model and damn near anything this side of a minivan. Theres tons of cubbies, storage, and well placed nooks. I dont mind the position of the wireless charger and prefer that its in a location where you can hide ur phone. First and Second row comfort and space is also vastly improved. Also the vehicle feels the price, the old trucks though durable did not feel premium at all. The features and technology in the 4th gen makes it feel worth the price of entry. In terms of driving, the handling albeit heavy is more secure and sure footed. the truck depending on suspension choice is sporty or floaty but has superior body control. Gas mileage atleast in my experience has been stellar.

Cons-look for a 19 if possible, the 18s esp early builds are plagued by quality issues. In the geand scheme of things, its minimal, but the ones that do seem to have multiple problems, mine included. Though it might not be a big deal, ford still hasnt ironed out the jitteriness of the body. Theres still some obvious cost cutting is certain respects. The instrument panel though more detailed, is missing info like media and etc, in all not as functional in some respects.

Hope this helps, but all in all this is a superior truck and vehicle and to me still the best vehicle for the price period despite its flaws and gremlins.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2019 Special Edition optioned Limited 301-A includes the identical equipment as a Stealth or 301-B at thousands less than either. That is, if you want lots of bells and whistles.

gbosin

Reaction score
Only had ours for about 12 days, not one flaw, love it. We opted for a 19 over an 18 because I figured there were some 1st year growing pains with the first year of the Gen 4 but also a little longer depreciation delay with a 19 over a new 18.

jwas1

Reaction score
Looking to replace my 2015 EL with a 2019 MAX.

What's good and what's bad that comes with the new model

Thanks
Replaced my '07 Expedition with '18 XL with almost all options. Bought in March '18 and now have 10,500 miles on odometer. Love the vehicle. No "teething" problems others have mentioned. Had middle rear seat recall checked by dealer and no problem there. Amazing how much more powerful the turbo six is than the old Triton V8 plus much better gas mileage. Ride is better and quieter. Sync 3 is very good. Voice commands for many functions work well. Adaptive cruise control is very good. Nice on long trips or in stop and go traffic. I like there is a backup alarm as well as rearview camera. Kick to open rear hatch is very helpful with arms full of stuff. All in all, I think you will really like a '19. If you are getting on in years, all of the "keep you safe" options are worthwhile.

Scott_Gaines

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Expedition Platinum, and I absolutely love it. I had a 2016 Explorer Sport that I really liked, but I was blown away by the Expedition Platinum and traded up.
This truck is fast, powerful, beautiful, capable, and comfortable. No downsides, unless you count the price tag. [emoji6]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev