2019 Platinum Wheels/Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BrakeCheck

Reaction score
Still torn between 20s and 22s. Not sure how 22s would look with ATs though. Those all look really good though.

Jamaican Cruiser

Reaction score
It all depends on what your objectives are. Ride comfort and stability are major priorities for the family and I. I have a friend who has the exact vehicle I have and he changed to 20s and I was impressed with the ride improvement. I really did not expect that noticeable a difference, but cannot deny it was there. I think 20's plus adding heavier sway bars will give me the ride quality I am seeking.

gray_ghost

Reaction score
Tire manufacturers offer a limited selection of 22" tires. They offer a much wider selection of 20". When it comes time to replace my 22" Hankook Dynapro HP tires I plan on buying 20" wheels and Michelin Defender LTX MS tires. They are a much better tire with better winter traction and longer tread life. I have owned several sets. The 22" tires provide a noisy slapping sound and inferior ride.

2019-SSExpo

Reaction score
Tire manufacturers offer a limited selection of 22" tires. They offer a much wider selection of 20". When it comes time to replace my 22" Hankook Dynapro HP tires I plan on buying 20" wheels and Michelin Defender LTX MS tires. They are a much better tire with better winter traction and longer tread life. I have owned several sets. The 22" tires provide a noisy slapping sound and inferior ride.
Will the 20" F150 wheels and tires fit the Expo's? I have a set up platinum rims with studded winters I'd like to use if that's the case. Was unsure of brake fitment/hub/bolt pattern etc. I know the 20" option on one of the lower trims looks exactly like the F150 set. Surprised if it does fit as I couldn't find any information on it searching. Thanks.

Outrigger

Reaction score
BrakeCheck,
Are your current wheels 20"? Are they the design on the white Platinum above dated Sept 1st? I'm looking for a set of 20" wheels that are that design.

OP
OP
B

BrakeCheck

Reaction score
They are the polished 22s. I posted a picture on the first page I believe.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am planning on Black Rhinos Fury and going down to 20s. I take a lot of long road trips and looking to improve ride comfort from the factory 22s. Ordering this weekend :D

ims-black-rhino-fury-6-both-both-gun-metal-std-250.jpg

i'm riding on 26...been to florida...georgia...michigan many times and rides good

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'm riding on 26...been to florida...georgia...michigan many times and rides good

Pic’s or it didn’t happen. Video of a open topped full to the brim coffee cup in the holder going down the road. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk